Happy birthday Pirl!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Hope you are enjoying your day so far

Thumbnail by flowAjen
Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Happy, Happy Birthday, Pirl! I hope you are having beautiful weather and a fabulous day! Let's see f I can send you a flattened flower now....

Thumbnail by DonnieBrook
Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

Happy Birthday!!

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Happy Birthday Pirl! Hope you are well!

Scott County, KY(Zone 5b)

Happy Birthday!

Toasting with a stellar Sangiovese...

Thumbnail by ViburnumValley
Thomaston, CT

Didn't realize you had a special thread......birthday blessings headed your way!

Thumbnail by ROBINDOG
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Happy Birthday Pirl......im not late! I emailed her yesterday!! :)

Thumbnail by pixie62560
(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Thank you all so much. It was a beautiful family day with real flowers and cupcake flowers along with many other goodies.

VV - will the Sangiovese arrive by Fed Ex?

Edited due to cross posting with Celeste. Yes, her greetings came by Email early in the day! Thanks.

This message was edited Jul 30, 2013 10:14 AM

Thumbnail by pirl Thumbnail by pirl Thumbnail by pirl
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Ooooo, those cupcake flowers look good!!!

Scott County, KY(Zone 5b)

Indeed it did, pirl - and it was very good, I must say...

Jen - they were fabulous. My daughter is a great baker and cake decorator (along with all of her other talents).

VV - past tense? Well, I'm glad you got to enjoy it!

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Yummmmm is an understatement! Good- looking family too, Pirl! I see they all take after you. LOL. (Sorry, Jack!)

Yum sums it up!

Thanks!

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Please add me to your list of birthday well-wishers, pirl! You have a lovely family.

Thumbnail by RosemaryK

Thank you, Rosemary. I'm a happy mom with a great husband, great kids and grandkids, good health for all and we're all happy.

Here's Jack and our Smitty for those who haven't met them yet.

Thanks for the hibiscus, too. It's so lovely.

Thumbnail by pirl
Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Wonderful photo of a charismatic pair! What kind of dog is Smitty? Before kids I always said I wanted a Coton de Tulear, and now DH jokes that he should have gotten the dog when he could have. But the truth is that kids and grandkids are a remarkable blessing.

Thanks, Rosemary. They are quite a pair and it's Smitty's favorite resting spot. Smitty is a Havanese, a blend of several breeds. Didn't we used to call that mutts?

Kids and grandkids are hard to beat and yet pets hold a special place in the hearts of many.

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Totally wit!h you on that.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

AAACCKKK!!! I missed your special day. Many belated birthday wishes headed your way!!

I love birthday wishes no matter when they arrive, Jan, so thank you.

Just to let the people here know: a DG person (not from the Northeast) has reported me as a possible scam artist to the Administrators. She wanted books that I had, so I sent them and she would not pay the $8.00 in postage. My feedback may be irrelevant.
http://davesgarden.com/feedback.php?user=pirl&action=about_user

So sad that I could be thrown off for expecting the person to pay the postage.

It won't matter that I've sent packages to many that cost us well over $200.00 with no postage asked for and checks cut up and returned. It will keep me from sending packages just to share with others.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I missed your birthday too.
It looks like a grand time had by all.

Thumbnail by ge1836

We all did have a great time...and I was so exhausted at the end of the day!

Thanks, Jo Ann.

Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

Awe! Happy birthday Pirl! You'll forever be one of my favorite fairygardenmothers!!! :) glad you had a great day! Many more wished to you!

Thanks, Kelly! The deer came to the party, too, and chomped down another field of hostas! Wish they had eaten the lit candles instead.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Pffftttt!!! Lit candles!!! Bet they wouldn't come again.

Many, many years ago I thought they looked so charming but after they killed my dog by kicking in his chest, I no longer found them charming. The piles they leave behind aren't exactly "garden art" either!

New York, NY(Zone 7a)

Belated happy birthday, Pirl! Many many happy returns, or H. "Going Bananas" if you prefer a larger-flowered yellow daylily. This is my first year with "Stephanie Returns," one of the pinks, and I love it.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

No they certainly aren't ! Sorry about your dog.

Thank you, dawnsharon. Wish you were closer so you could dig all the daylilies you wanted here.

Thanks, Jan. Just cleaned up more of their garden art - yucky! Poor Joey. He was a good dog and my husband and the neighbors watched the deer chasing him down the street as his lung was hanging out. We brought him right to the vet hospital and they did operate but he died two hours later.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Very traumatic for all of you!!

Yes, it was and even worse for Suga (no "r") his buddy. She was in grief for so long, wouldn't eat, barely drank and howled most of the time missing her Joey.

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

What a tragic end for Joey! Glad you have Smitty now.

We feel the same way.

Today we were out for lunch and when we returned he reacted as though we had been gone for days. He comes with us on all of our trips and is excellent in the car but loves to stop for a Dairy Queen or a frozen vanilla yogurt.

Thumbnail by pirl
Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Heehee don't we all?

Thomaston, CT

Smart pup, that Smitty!

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

You got THAT right! 😛

Smitty and I are supposed to shower together every other night due to his fungal condition. The feeling of a dog's nails on the top of my feet is a different kind of pain from a headache or a cut. Zounds, it hurts! He goes through with the entire bath, all ear and eye and fungal med's, gets brushed, cut, groomed, etc. and all he wants is one piece of his z/d special dry food. I wouldn't go through all of that for one Godiva!

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

It's amazing that you can keep him in the shower without any escapes (you or him).

Ha! I'm the most likely to want to jump out and save my feet! He just looks like a drowned rat. He's small so he can't leap out, thankfully.

Thumbnail by pirl
Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Too cute.

I tried washing my 100 lb dog in our walk-in shower but he found the strength of 5 dogs to tug himself right out of there. We chase him with a hose shampooer attachment.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.