Sick President Hibby

Colorado Springs, CO(Zone 5b)

Bought this sweet thing..I should say saved..from the garden center for just a few dollars. It was being attacked bugs and was very root bound. I am thinking it was from last years shipment and weathered over? I have finally gotten some healthy blooms out of it. The leaves in the middle and bottom are still turning yellow though. I have repotted and gently spray it off with soap water once a week. Any other suggestions to strengthen this beauty before it goes dormant?

Thumbnail by wheresthebeach Thumbnail by wheresthebeach

P.S. If you look you can see hail damage done to the leaves when she got caught out in the storm. I thought it would stress the plant further but instead did the opposite.

Kenner, LA

yellowing of leaves may mean stress... or may just be old leaves dropping off. There is really no way of telling unless one has observed the plant for a few days. As for yellowing due to stress, it can be from over watering, or under watering, or the high summer temperatures, or insects/pests. I guess it maybe just the high summer temperatures.

Kure Beach, NC(Zone 9a)

Just fertilize it and don't over water. This cultivar is very tough. It's one of my favorites.
Barb

Thanks Barb. I will do just that!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.