Multiple broody hens.... Question 4 U.

Fowlerville, MI(Zone 5b)

Can you put multiple broody hens with eggs/chicks in the same brooder coop? Will they get along, and not attack the other hens' chicks?

Richmond, TX

Gosh, I don't know; I have never tried it. I hope someone can help.

Fowlerville, MI(Zone 5b)

Cross your fingers for me, that someone will know! :-)

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

they will kill other chicks. I would give all the eggs to one hen or separate them

Fowlerville, MI(Zone 5b)

Giving all the eggs to one hen will work..... :) Thanks!!

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

welcome

(Zone 6b)

Jordonkittyjo, I think you are right. I took my babies who are about a week old outside yesterday. One got away from me and one of my hens pecked him right on the head really hard. I don't know why they are like that, but they are.

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

chickens are canibles and will not tolerate other chickes babies. roosters do the same thing

(Zone 6b)

That's why God made mama hens, to protect their babies.

Bridgewater, ME

I have a few silkies that will brood togather and each will have eggs,when the chicks hatch they raise them togather,but that's only if they are brooding togather in the same box.

Fowlerville, MI(Zone 5b)

Hmmm.... I've never had hens brood together. But then again, I've never had Silkies. Good to know that's possible though. Thanks! :)

Ferndale, WA

Glenda, I wanted to stop and thank you for your warm welcome to me. It was so nice to get away, but honestly I never forgot the friends from the garden. You have always been so kind and I thank you for that...Hay

Fowlerville, MI(Zone 5b)

Haystack, your kind words mean so much. You are a precious garden friend! The garden is just not the same without you here. :-) You are a blessing, my friend!!
~ Glenda

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.