Swap thread for Fall RU at Jim's house

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Post here your haves and wants: Plants, garden supplies, etc...

Ripley, MS

My spot--if Eli co-operates so I can bring some things!

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Kenny I'll bring Jim some more pots - seems like he needs a lot!! LOL

North Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Yeah, I may have some nursery pots, too.

2 Leatherleaf Fern
Peacock Fern
Sensitive Fern

Will add more later

Would like:
Trish-Fern and Canna

This message was edited Sep 24, 2013 9:10 PM

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

saving my spot

I have lots of pots I can bring for Jim. :D

I will have seed pods from the hyacinth bean vine and also from my moonflower bush.

I have a new sweet potato vine which must be a hybrid--it is neither the bright green nor the dark purple. It is prettier than either of those two--green leaves with a purple tip. It has really spread and has rooted itself in my flower bed so I can bring some starts if anybody wants one. You will have to keep it in a pot for the winter and put it outside in the spring.

I have a couple of oriental lilies potted up but you won't know until next spring if they are going to do anything because the lilies are dormant now. They will either be white, yellow or orange--don't know which. Since I first posted this those lilies have started coming up! There are several in each pot so you ladies can divide them if there is more than one person who wants them.

I have three small Jewel of Opar potted up. Trish wants one of these so I will have two available.

I'm not really asking for much, except some ferns from anyone who has some to spare. Kathy Ann already has a list of plants which she is bringing for me.

This message was edited Sep 25, 2013 4:46 PM

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

Saving my spot...Most things I potted up for the last swap seems to be doing ok so I will continue to baby them until this swap...:)

Well my plants have really suffered from the drought this year. Hopefully I can scrap enough to make a plant offering list...

tall fern noid have picture if anyone wants to see it..

canna noid short approx 3ft tall yellow with red specks.(have a picture if you are interested)

Mexican petunias purple

Beebalm purple

daylilies (There's a couple of each of these) will dig upon request or if I have extra time before RU
cool jazz
celebrity elite
stoplight
Minnie Morgan
little red kittens
bayou bride
Pandora's box
Gentle Rose
red mittens
Big kiss

Noid Daylilies(numbers are my only way to know where they are located) I should have pics of these if anyone is interested in NOID

This message was edited Sep 24, 2013 10:47 AM

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Saving my spot as well...... it is so hot at the moment, I have NO idea if I can get anything to consider rooting!! I am about to trim a lady banks rose in the next few weeks though. Is anyone interested in me attempting to root some of it?

Olive Branch, MS

We've got some things potted up, otherwise if you see something and there is enough we will dig it.

Ripley, MS

I have rooted some of the Euphorbia diamond frost, but it is a sport that has some black in the leaves. I bought the last one Rita had on our last trip there. I have 3 and they need to go to someone who can overwinter it and try to keep it going. I have never seen it before and have not seen it since.
I know Jim will want one, so who wants the other 2 ? I managed to keep it alive through last winter as it was pretty mild, but my track record for overwintering plants is not very good !

That is pretty much all I will be able to bring this time. If I have something you specifically want I will try to get it for you.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I would like one Sandra. I have some of the regular I overwinter.

Ripley, MS

Good Charlotte, one more left

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I will be bringing some white ginger. I've got to thin mine out. I will wait until the day before to dig so they will not be potted up but I will just put them in plastic bags with some damp newspaper. They are hardy for me and like some sun but I don't know how hardy they are north of me. Kathy Ann can probably tell us.

I also have a couple of pots of fern I potted up. I had some that was getting in my walkway so I potted it up when I got rid of it. There is a third pot of it but it doesn't look too hot - not sure if it will come back out or not.

I'll add if I see something else. Sometimes it's a treasure hunt around here. Listing here before I loose it!

This message was edited Sep 14, 2013 6:49 PM

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Ill take it Sandra. Thanks.

Batesville, AR(Zone 7a)

I have two Rita's Gold fern and three different kinds of Rex begonias that I will be bringing if anyone wants them. The begonias are huge so I will have several of each.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I'd love one each of the begonias and one of the Rita's gold ferns.

Kenny mentioned on another thread that of we had extra plants to see if we could bring them because there are some new folks coming that aren't on dg. I'm heading over to hopes and dreams tomorrow sometime to pick up some pots she was going to trash so I have some pots to pot things up in. I'm completely out and she said I could have all I wanted of them. Ill be bringing a few extra things to pass out as well as my spoken for plants.

Batesville, AR(Zone 7a)

Okay Kathy Ann

Ripley, MS

I thought I asked for a begonia too but don't see it now, Loretta I would love one, I have an east window now that Cayla has moved !

Batesville, AR(Zone 7a)

Got you down Sandra

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I posted on the other thread that Dian at hopes and dreams gave me a couple flats of the plant called Rabbit ears. Here's alink to it. http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/59780/

I'm sure there are plenty but I'll go count and check to see how many there are.
Their not hardy like she said they are, hardy to zone 8 but she's planting some in the ground cause she thinks they will come back for her.

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

KA I would like one of the rabbit ears.

Loretta I'd like a begonia and gold fern if still available..

Batesville, AR(Zone 7a)

Okay Trish

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Ok trish

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I was wondering, if anybody who has things to trade, would you all mind putting a post on the fb event page that I have set up there, as there are a couple folks over there that want to see the lists of what we have to offer, and what we are looking for in trade, just let them know if you have extras so we can include them. RJ isn't over here and neither is Deborah and neither is Wanda, they are all coming, and they are only on the fb event page. I know it's a lot of trouble for us to post both places what we have to trade. Sorry, we have some newcomers coming, and we sure want to make friends with them. and send them home with some plants!!

ya'll have a blessed day, i'm going to head over there now and post a few things that I can bring for them, I haven't posted much of a trade list here anyways.

I'm so busy, I've offered a few things privately, but I am bringing a lot of extras to give away. I got my pots yesterday, and I'll be digging and separating this weekend.

Ripley, MS

I will try to do some extras too, but have to give my back a few more days, still not in "digging shape" yet

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I will be bringing some things. I'm not going to try and make an actual list. Just don't have time to keep us with a list. But I will be bringing several things and will just put them out for anyone that wants them. Will post that FB.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I hear ya Sandra. I've been trying to take it easy myself. Till my back is back to normal again too.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I think we've all been digging too much in the past!!! Part of my problem too. My knee is just beginning to almost back to normal and do 't want to aggravate it again!!

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

KathyAnn I may have (probably) seen the FB page but ha now not sure how to get back to it. Can you post a link?

never mind I found it....I'll post the link in case anyone else's mind is like mine!

https://www.facebook.com/events/150630318473229/168089873393940/?notif_t=plan_mall_activity

This message was edited Sep 20, 2013 2:49 PM

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

I added some plants I have available to my post above Post #9618552

North Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I would like a fern and a little canna please.

Kentwood, LA(Zone 8b)

Trish, I would like to have a canna,any daylilies and a purple bee balm, please.

Kentwood, LA(Zone 8b)

Loretta, do you have another begonia?

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

I'll take a fern from anyone who has any. I have lots of shade here. :)

Somebody asked me for a Jewel of Opar and now I can't remember who it was. Was it you, Mary? or Trish? I have 3 of them potted up now and can dig a couple more if need be.

Nevermind about who asked for the Jewel of Opar--it was Trish. Your name is on one them, Trish. :)

This message was edited Sep 25, 2013 4:47 PM

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Here are two photos of the sweet potato vine I have. It roots easily and grows fast. It will most likely have to be taken inside during the winter but it is different from the dark purple and the bright green sweet potato vines. It would be really pretty in a big container arrangement with other plants. If anyone wants a start let me know. I have mine in the ground in my foundation bed and it has really spread so you will have to give it room if you put it in the ground. It would do really good in a pot or a hanging basket, too. I just stuck a couple of pieces of it in a big pot and it rooted almost immediately and is doing very well.

Thumbnail by marsue Thumbnail by marsue
Kentwood, LA(Zone 8b)

I have purple magnolia
confederate rose (double pink)
turks cap
clerodendrum bungi and csshmere bouquet
blueberry bush-4

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

Ty Ms Marilyn I'll put you down for some fern.

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

Kim and busybee I have you down for your request too..:)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.