CLOSED: HO HO HO Christmas in July Prezzies to Show

(Joy) Hempstead, TX(Zone 8b)

We came from here:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1322332/

Here is where we show off the wonderful unseasonable gifts we receive from our buddies. What better way to spend a hot summer day.

Many people enjoy Christmas too much to have it just once a year. Who doesn't like presents? We have discussed the idea of Christmas in July and now I am stepping off the precipice again to see if there is enough interest to warrant this swap.

Each package should contain at least one Christmas item: decoration, ornament, linen, plant, food, etc. If you don't like or can't have something, please let us know. If you collect or prefer something, speak up. There are no guarantees but likes and dislikes often help our partner make a good match.

Value of your package should be ~$20 before postage. Be sure and use plenty of protective and cushioning fillers to keep your partner's items intact. Use priority mailing and get a confirmation number so that you can track the progress of your package. People who are new to DG are welcome, make sure that I have your address and contact info (dmail it to me) Never post the confirmation number to the list, send it to me privately.

Everyone is expected to post pictures, descriptions and a thank you to the list. It is a courtesy to the sender and a chance for all participants to ooh and ahh over your presents.

We will sign up till midnight July 15 (keeping with our theme) and all packages need to be mailed by August 7. If you are going on vacation, please arrange to have your package sent before you leave.

I have found the addresses for everyone, here is the link until DG gets all the bugs out of their update.

http://davesgarden.com/extras.php

Our elves:

rose318 (Patti)
goldhillal (Crystal)

FruitoftheVine (Susie) received from Joy
Jokenna (Tina) received from Carole
Mud Elf (Elfie) received from Crystal
happgarden (Joyce) received from Susan
summerkid received from Elfie
rouxcrew (Joy) received from Theresa
ahoogstra (Alicia) received from Joyce
Lanakila received from Patti
Cville Gardener (Carole) received from Alicia

This message was edited Aug 23, 2013 9:19 AM

Thumbnail by rouxcrew

Ok,,, I am first here,, does that mean I will be first to mail?? Instead of LAST,,,, lol

I will try to be a good Elf....

Rose Lodge, OR(Zone 8b)

OK, I never could remember where to find the addresses list before the redesign began. And now I REALLY can't find it. Aidez-moi?

Summer,, she put a link at the top ;)

Rose Lodge, OR(Zone 8b)

Duh. Clearly I need the kind of help that no one here can offer.
FYI, my swap sendee: I just updated my address after 4 yearz so that it actually reflects the fact that I live in Oregon, not Illinois.

Umm,, did I say something wrong???? If I did I m sorry. Bad Elf...

Rose Lodge, OR(Zone 8b)

No, ma'am, I was smacking my OWN forehead. You were most helpful.

Lol...

Rose Lodge, OR(Zone 8b)

And that should be "swap SENDER," not sendee.
Clearly I need to brew less beer.

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

You two tickled me as much as getting my Bud's name.....woot woot!

Now the fun begins.

Sweet dreams y'all.

ROTFLMWO!!!!

Rolling
On
The
Floor
Laughing
My
Wings
Off

I have to stay up , Ralph has to go nack to work...sigh..

Rose Lodge, OR(Zone 8b)

Does he nack full time?

Lol.. Yup...

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

I'm tickled pink with my buddy. I just came across a new idea for her box and I'm hoping she likes it. I do (yuk, yuk). He who tooteth not his own horn, the same shall go untooted.

Fun, fun! ♥♥♥

Like the wings thing, Elfie. ♥♥♥

Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener

Elfie likes blues and greens beachy xmass stuff.. Just saying

Livingston, TX(Zone 8b)

I think my buddy is right up my ally, I should have lots of for my buddy box!
Elfie and Summer I be thinkin you be drinkin toooo much!

I no drinky..... I be a good elfie.... Hick..

Rose Lodge, OR(Zone 8b)

I am a bad elf. Wicked, even.

I really like the way Summerkid thinks...lol

Mountain View, CA(Zone 9b)

Hi, all.
Ah, the excitement builds! Who will be the first to receive their box? Eagerly awaiting to find out... and, in the meantime, enjoying some laughs along the way!
Michelle

My phone is dead. Des. Dead. I am using Ralph phone. He is off today. We are laying in bed watching old movies. Talk to all you merry elfs tomorrow or the next day. Ho Ho Ho

Whoop! My box is flying by sleigh today. Look out buddy Christmas is coming!

Cutlerville, MI

I am really getting things together for my "best buddy":) Hmmm maybe I should send "Christmas Ruby" daylily...

Rose Lodge, OR(Zone 8b)

Lucky lucky will be THAT recipient!

Roux, what kind of sound doez a sleigh make in summer?

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

I need to start HO HOing.....humm don't have any ideas, think I will go search and see what I find.

Holly Springs, NC(Zone 7b)

I finally came up with a great idea. Thank you Pinterest for the seed of inspiration! I even found the hardest-to-come-by supply, so now to head out for the easy stuff; paint, ribbon, sugar plums, fairies....

Sounds exciting! Can't wait to see it.

Well I have also did some research but not finding anything that makes me get excited.... hummm

Rose Lodge, OR(Zone 8b)

And I just discovered that most of what I planned to send is at the house in Chicago. Grrrrr.

remember that we only have to have one or two things that are truly Christmasy to qualify for the swap. My box has several presents that aren't necessarily Christmas in nature but make great Christmas presents.

But you know us we fret over everything that goes in those boxes...rofl.

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

I'm back after a long very enjoyable week-end spent with two fellow DG'ers. Yesterday our hostess invited us to dig Daylilies of our choice from her gardens. I felt like a kid in a candy store, but oh my gosh was it sweltering hot! Each of us took turns digging, eventually got the job done, and went out for a seafood dinner as our reward. I don't think a shower ever felt better and I slept like a log. Then today on the way home, the last few miles it rained so hard I could hardly see the road, but eventually could see brighter skies in the distance not far from home and keep going. It's been ages since I drove in torrents like that with streaky lightening bolts and such loud thunder.

Yesterday while we were out, we went to a Festival and on the way there at one of our stops, I found something so neat for my Bud that I wouldn't mind keeping it for myself, but that's not in the Spirit of this swap :) Also the project I started for her last week will hopefully be finished one day this week.

Mountain View, CA(Zone 9b)

Hi, all.
Oooo sugar plums... how fun :)
Oh, Fruity, isn't it fun when you discover something just perfect for a swap like that? Sounds like a wonderful weekend... Well, except for the driving through torents of rain! Glad you made it safely home :)
Michelle

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

It's pouring rain here. We've had several storms since Saturday night. No snow though. Well, I don't suppose you can have everything for Christmas in July. lol. We don't usually have a white Christmas here anyway. Never had one in CA. :-)

Everyone sounds like they are having fun with this swap. I'm trying to think if I even have anything Christmas-y in my box. lol. Just kidding. It is going to the Post Office this very morning, I think. :)

Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener

Here to help put you all in the mood, since Saturday we had thunder and I don't play out in thunder (did not get a drop of rain) I actually sorted pictures held on the camera and came across these.....

Thumbnail by happgarden
Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Brrrr... We had no snow to speak of this year. A few light snows that barely turned the ground white. Odd weather year ... but aren't they all these days? Nice to see something cool in July. :)

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Okay, ladies, a box is in the air. It should be arriving at its destination on Wednesday, Lord willing and the creek don't rise. It will be heading either north, south, east, or west of me. I hope I didn't narrow that down too much and give it away. :-D)))

Livingston, TX(Zone 8b)

Thought I would post a picture of our snowman that my boyfriend and kids made for me one day when I was at work. He was so big I had to jump to reach his hat. We lived across from the hospital in Boise, ID and that's where the city decorated the town tree and had lots of activities going on for the holidays. So we had tons of people come into our yard and take picture with our snowman. He lasted for about a month. One day someone had left a card in our mailbox saying how much they enjoyed him and this picture was in it. Last year I scanned it into the PC and added the Merry Christmas.

Was hoping it would get me in the mood, and get my mind off this heat.

Thumbnail by Jokenna
Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Very refreshing, Jokenna. He's sure a fine, fat fellow. :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.