Fresh tomatoes from your garden yet?

(Zone 7a)
There are a total of 108 votes:

Yes, I'm enjoying my home-grown tomatoes.
(51 votes, 47%)
Red dot

Not yet, but soon. I have lots of green ones.
(28 votes, 25%)
Red dot

My fresh tomatoes come from the farmers' market.
(5 votes, 4%)
Red dot

I don't have or want fresh tomatoes.
(4 votes, 3%)
Red dot

Too hot here, my fresh tomatoes will have to wait until the weather cools some.
(10 votes, 9%)
Red dot

Other (tell us!)
(10 votes, 9%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

Cascade, VA(Zone 7a)

Am i the only one seeing the percentage bars being REALLY REALLY huge? lol! Anyways, i Voted for Not yet, but soon. As most of my plants have started getting green marbles. :)

Concord, CA(Zone 9b)

Nope. The long bars have been here for a couple of weeks, due to the website redo. My opinion on the redo? Change for change sake. *sigh*

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

This should be fixed shortly...they're working on it.

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

I get tomatoes from Farmer Market...
Also, I have some growing tomatoes sooner...

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Arkansas Traveler- thick skin, but not nearly the issues with 'leaf footed bugs' this year...yummm. Voted enjoying

Thumbnail by kittriana
(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

I voted "Other". I'm patiently (?) waiting but there are a few green ones.

Cedarhome, WA(Zone 8b)

I don't expect ripe tomatoes until August. Perhaps next week's question will be a multiple choice definition of 'shortly'...just kidding.

Northumberland, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Other: summers here are too cool for tomatoes to ripen. It's a greenhouse plant here (and I don't have a greenhouse!).

Resin

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Have green ones forming but no red ones yet. Will be a few weeks still.

Garland, TX(Zone 8a)

Regarding the webpage graphics. . . .
July 8, 2013
"Sorry about that folks...we know there's a problem and the tech team should have it straightened out shortly."

Okie dokie. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

It's wonderful what good ol' natural rainfall can do for languishing tomato plants! A midsummer mini-crop appears to be developing! ^_^

This message was edited Jul 17, 2013 5:18 PM

sun city, CA(Zone 9a)

For those who are in really hot climates, might I suggest trying to grow Italian varieties? it is unbearably hot here but Italian veggies of all sorts thrive in this heat. I have almost stopped growing any other kinds and add in any from Italy that I can get.
kc

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Lots of green ones, but I did have 1 cherry tomato, from one of the smallest plants

Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

This year I only planted one cherry tomato! Lol every other year we end up with more than we can eat and give away. So now I wish I had some big green ones for frying though... :(

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

I've had tomatoes for awhile now. I grow mostly the Heirloom Yellow Pear variety since I'm the only tomato eater in this household. I've also grown Celebrity, Early Girl, Brandywine, Black Krim, and Park's Whopper which all do well here in the warm, humid South. I'm going to try the Arkansas Traveler next year.

Lisle, IL(Zone 5a)

Large red cherry has done exceptionally well for me this year and is still producing despite highs of 100+ for the last 7-8 weeks.

Millbury, MA(Zone 5a)

My answer was that I have some green ones -- really not "lots", but some is better than none! Trying Legend tomatoes this year as I'm tired of planting the seeds, nurturing the seedlings, planting them out and watching them grow, only to lose them all to late blight without getting a single ripe tomato from them. Sure hope this one tastes good.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Yes.
3rd pic is cherry tomatoes. Ripe ones in there!

Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens
(Zone 7a)

I have 2 on the bush now. No more flowers until it cools a bit.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Little yellow ones for two or three weeks now . still waiting for reds , later this week ..

Greensboro, AL

Too Hot for tomatoes here. We still have tomatoes from Chile in the grocery stores. There are a few tomatoes at the farmers market. The best gardens here in Alabama are in Sept, Oct, and Nov.

Sierra Foothills, CA(Zone 8a)

It has been the hottest summer on record for us. Strangely, we have a few ripe ones...I have to pick them off before they are completely ripe or the birds will eat them. That was my mistake in the beginning, to let them ripen on the vine...LOL!!

Juliet was the first one to ripen, then Sungold. Juliet is a small pear shaped tomato and Sungold is a small cherry type.

Liberty Hill, TX(Zone 8a)

I'm harvesting more tomatoes then I ever have. All good size the cherries aren't even ripe yet. This is crazy, but I'm not complaining just amazed. I think one reason is that my particular micro climate usually gets 70 or below at night, which really helps. We are also getting much needed rain so I am trying to pick them before they crack. I really feel blessed.

Kure Beach, NC(Zone 9a)

We're getting the cherries and medium sized tomatoes, but the big ones haven't ripened yet.

Mackinaw, IL(Zone 5a)

Just picked my first two tomatoes yesterday, and one more today. I got a terribly late start. They were certainly tasty, though!

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Yaay! The graphics are fixed!

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Second that !!! lol I have been watching the page fit change all day ,, it was interesting .. nicer now ..
Gadgets and gizmos are a bundle of "F. U. N." Only in this case maybe that should be " IC ,fun.."

Thank you, I imagine that was a lot work ..

Palo Alto, CA(Zone 9a)

My tomatoes are a full two weeks earlier than the past few years, probably due to the very warm spring we had here. Here's yesterday's pickings: a Big Beef, Great White, Orange Oxheart, and some Nuggets (also a couple of Chile de Agua) ... the tip of the iceberg, so to speak. Have also been harvesting Ropreco Paste and Michael Pollan Roma ... only one left to ripen is the Striped German ... any day now!

Thumbnail by Jubilada
Beautiful, BC(Zone 8b)

I don't eat or like tomatoes. 2 seedling sprouted up in my community garden plot. I'll just give them away.

Wow! Things are (almost) back to normal! Kudos!

My eyes won't be so strained now. Thank you so much!

Still, so far, Juliets and Sungolds are the ripening ones...others to follow.

Lubbock, TX(Zone 7b)

Too hot to set - have to wait for weather to cool a bit. Maybe September??

(Mary) Anchorage, AK(Zone 4b)

For the first time I have nice tomatoes growing. They aren't all gnarly which I guess is because I have been flooding them with water. I planted three in my new raised beds and can hardly wait to harvest one. They are for growing in short growing seasons. I LOVE tomato, cheese and lettuce sandwitches. I even have cucumbers, beans, broccolli, cauliflower, peas and peppers. I am so thrilled.

I don't like fresh tomatoes either although I couldn't bear a world without Tomato Ketchup and I'll eat cooked tomatoes... sometimes.

Anyway I chose other because I like growing tomatoes but they get blight year in year out, however resistant the variety. I didn't bother this year but the weather has been such that blight might not have the right conditions.

Titusville, FL(Zone 9b)

There is a huge difference in NOT "having" or NOT "wanting" tomatoes

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

"Enjoying" is the correct word for me! I love my 'maters. : )

-South Central-, IL(Zone 6a)

I picked 'it' a few minutes ago. They are not green and lush, but they are making tomatoes. Nothing bettah!!!!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Picked this morning. We have crate of large tomatoes priced from $1 to $3.50 & 41 boxes of smaller ones with 12 ounces in each box. People love these. They sell out before the big ones & all are the same price, $3 per pound. These will be sold tomorrow afternoon at our FM.

Ooh..lovely, CG!

-South Central-, IL(Zone 6a)

...wish I lived close enough. I'm going to our Amish neighborhood tomorrow.

Mackinaw, IL(Zone 5a)

I had a lovely tomato sliced and topped with cottage cheese for lunch today. My son asked me if I was dieting. Nope, just feasting on the goodness of my garden!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.