Daylily Season Kicks off in the Adirondacks!!!

Schroon Lake, NY(Zone 4a)

These are all first blooms on my own seedlings today.

Thumbnail by dmcdevitt Thumbnail by dmcdevitt Thumbnail by dmcdevitt Thumbnail by dmcdevitt Thumbnail by dmcdevitt

More seedlings today

Thumbnail by dmcdevitt Thumbnail by dmcdevitt Thumbnail by dmcdevitt Thumbnail by dmcdevitt Thumbnail by dmcdevitt

Chama Valley
Justin Paul
Trump Card
Kansas Kitten
Wonder of it All

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Very nice!!!

Berry Delicious
Champagne and Caviar
Sister of Praise
Time for Eternity

Ain't She Nice

This message was edited Jul 19, 2013 7:02 PM

Marietta Polkadot
Giggle Creek
Sister of Praise again
Ava Gardner
Candy Cane Dreams from a distance

And more seedlings....

Enterprise, AL(Zone 8b)

Wonder of It All is my favorite, also like very much the first seedling shown .

Thanks. Wonder of It All does okay even here! It's a little slow to uncurl on cold mornings. It would be great in a hotter climate. I got it from Maryott's....love getting stuff from them!

The first one is a Sister of Praise seedling. I named it for my beloved Max, a collie/yellow lab mix...so I will always treasure it!

Rio Rancho, NM(Zone 7b)

DMC....beautiful blooms! Thank you for sharing with us. I love ALL your seedlings too.

Linda

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

dmcdevitt, Your Seedlings are Beautiful! All of your blooms are really.
I love Maryott's as well. It's like Christmas in summer!

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

I always like to see what grows in your zone 4 garden because if it grows for you, it should do alright in my area.

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

DMC, love the group of sdlgs and the other blooms.

North Olmsted, OH

Very beautiful blooms. I especially like Champagne and Caviar.

Marietta Polkadot was SPECTACULAR today, loaded with blooms all perfect.

Followed by FFOs on Ruby Corsage, Lake Effect, Shores of TIme, and Doubly Delicious Dandy. all this morning.

More Seedlings. First time I've seen #3 and I love it!! I'm guessing it's a party pinafore cross. Since I also foster dogs and have 6 rescues, my tags often go missing.

Beautiful Edgings and Becky Lynn

Mr Lucky FFOs

Ain't Misbehaving

Scarlet Lace

Jean Swann and Jim Spencer

SO THRILLED tp see Blackberry Sundae still alive. It's not very vigorous though!

#2 Old Favorite Blue Venture

#3 Bohemia After Dark

#4 Ocean Spirit

#5 Popcorn PEte

All seedlings... Nothing spectacular but I still love to go out every morning and see them!!

#1 Does this look familiar? not sure if it's a seedling of mine or something misplaced...maybe Tower of Babel?

The rest are garden shots. We've had a week in the 90's and no ac...you don't live in zone 4 because you love heat! So everything's shaggy .

Thumbnail by dmcdevitt Thumbnail by dmcdevitt Thumbnail by dmcdevitt Thumbnail by dmcdevitt
Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Beautiful Blooms! Your seedlings are very pretty. Your gardens are Beautiful!
The only thing that works for tags in my garden is rocks. I paint or write with sharpie on them and place by plant. They have been more critter and dog proof than any other thing I have tried.
The weather here has been real hot and muggy all week. They say there is a cold front coming this weekend. Hope it makes it your way to! I couldn't imagine 90's with no air.

Taylor thanks for the Rock idea!! I could do that along with the metal stakes.

I can get through most of the year a lot of times but it only takes one spunky puppy to wreak havoc!

Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

Beautiful daylilies.............. Love the different colors.

Seedling and Creature of the NIght

Creature of the Night FFO

Ocean Spirit

Jim Spencer

Jellyfish Jealousy

Sister of PRaise

White Crinoline

Cherry Frills x Sister of Praise

Margo Reed seedling

A.S. Seedling

Jim SPencer x Sister of Praise

Okd King cole seedling

Tall cream seedling

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Love the Old King Cole seedling!!! I have OKC and use it heavily in breeding. It is an extremely fertile plant.

Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

Wow...beautiful...every one of them!

CIndy OKC blooms and grows like crazy here! I crossed it with Sister of Praise which is just a super flower.

Giggle Creek and Half moon Key are also super bloomers unlike Blackberry Sundae, which never increases but is gorgeous...if only I could get those looks into one of the crazy bloomers!

Thanks Nanny!

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

dmcdevitt, Hope the rocks work for you. Admire you work with rescuing dogs. I'm a dog and animal lover.
Beautiful Blooms! Your seedlings are pretty. I like all of them.

North Olmsted, OH

Blackberry Sundae is very interesting. OKC is a Moldovan hybrid--he's gone but glad to hear that his daylilies are thriving. He lived about 15 miles from here--we got started by seeing his sign for daylily clumps out front. Then of course we got more and more, you know how that goes.

Another Old King Cole seedling, probably x with Pirate King quite tall, not a huge bloom

Blue Venture x northwind Dancer

Stargate Angel x Blue Venture...look how many buds!!

And one of my favorite seedlings, a Sister of Praise x Pandora's Treasure

Thumbnail by dmcdevitt Thumbnail by dmcdevitt Thumbnail by dmcdevitt Thumbnail by dmcdevitt

cam that is cool...Yes Old King Cole is a great plant in a harsh environment, and it makes some really interesting seedlings!!!

Blackberry Sundae is stunning...I'd love to have a clump of it but it will probably never thrive here.

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Very nice seedlings dmc!!!

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Beautiful Seedlings! I love Sister of Praise X Pandora's Treasure. I see why that is your favorite seedling. The color is beautiful and unique. Very Nice!

Rio Rancho, NM(Zone 7b)

DMC, I really like your seedlings AND your hybrids too.

Your Doubly Delicious is a lot lighter color than mine. Mine is like a lite-dark
cranberry red

Linda

Thanks all.

Yes that Doubly Delicious Dandy photo is pretty much how it looks....Interesting how they vary.

Interesting cross of Jean Swann x Circle of Eternity. Got its height from JS....I guess I was hoping for a double but the stippling is definitely there.

Thumbnail by dmcdevitt Thumbnail by dmcdevitt Thumbnail by dmcdevitt

Favorite pink spider seedling

Thumbnail by dmcdevitt Thumbnail by dmcdevitt

Seedlings:

Huge Sister of praise seedling,

rainbow seedling that is actually more orangey (not sure why it came out so pink),

Sister of Praise x Persian Ruby, a big ruffly flat red (I want it more red less brick)

Shores of Time x Pandora's Treasure

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.