First of the Season Blooms

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Summer blooms, of those exciting FOS (first of the season) blooms. Here are mine. Do join in and share your fav. 1st I've a brugmansia cultivar 'Miss Emily Mckenzie'. A tender perennial in our climate. So it's raised in container culture so I can move it indoor in late autumn.

Thumbnail by Lily_love Thumbnail by Lily_love Thumbnail by Lily_love Thumbnail by Lily_love Thumbnail by Lily_love
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Another FOS; a NOID (no i.d.) plumeria. This too is also in container culture.

Thumbnail by Lily_love Thumbnail by Lily_love
Enterprise, AL(Zone 8b)

My Crinum Lily just bloomed today! My Peruvian Daffodil bloomed just a few days ago.

Thumbnail by Seedfork Thumbnail by Seedfork Thumbnail by Seedfork Thumbnail by Seedfork
Enterprise, AL(Zone 8b)

Opps,,just noticed this is container forum. Mine are in the garden.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Seedfork, those are gorgeous! Thank you for posting. I went back a few; my first clem bloomed earlier in the season.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Other container culture FOS blooms.
1. Azalea
2. Purple Coneflower.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

'Milk and Wine' crinum bloomed earlier.

Okay, everyone. Please don't be shy. Jump right in and share your blooms for the season.

Enterprise, AL(Zone 8b)

Are your Milk and Wine Crinums in full sun, mine are in shade and have not yet bloomed?

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Mine are in partial shade. Though, neighboring crinums planted in full sun bloomed much earlier in the season. Likes few weeks before mine. My garden has becoming more and more shady. I think these bulbs probably will be container culture in the near future. I can see this one (one posted in last post) is declining due to lack of sun.

Ah speaking of those that planted in full sun. Here are some in a nearby garden.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

I'm delighted with this new dark pink crinum FOS. (first 3 pics.) 4th and 5th pics. are those of 'Ellen Bosequet' planted in the garden.

Thumbnail by Lily_love Thumbnail by Lily_love Thumbnail by Lily_love Thumbnail by Lily_love Thumbnail by Lily_love

Kim i love all your flowers.Those that you have by the water,really brings the plant and water out. COOL!!!

Cody

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Thank you Cody. From FOS blooms, to current blossoms. A sample of the container grown in the back yard.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

This is the first bloom I've gotten from this plant that was given to me as a NOID Hardy Hib. I'm unsure of the name but posted on the ID forum. It's in a container.

The second is the first bloom from this beautiful lily in a container. That tag has been demolished so I posted it on the ID forum as well.

My Crinum Ellen and what was supposed to be Ellen, but obviously isn't. They are both planted in the ground however.

The last photo is the first ever bloom on my Queen's Tears (Billbergia nutans).

Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener

Kim,you are very welcome.That is so beautiful.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.