Rochester, NY area: FREE historic purple iris, gold iris

Rochester, NY(Zone 6a)

UPDATE: 8/27/13: All the iris are gone.

I have iris to give away if you live near Rochester, NY.
You have to bring your own containers, and you have to dig them yourself.

Please do not ask me to mail them, I can't dig them myself so that is out of the question.

Send me a D-mail if you are interested.

JustMe48 - Sharon

This message was edited Aug 27, 2013 11:35 AM

Thumbnail by JustMe48 Thumbnail by JustMe48
Concord, NC

Sharon, thought you might like to know your purple Iris on the right appears to be 'ALCAZAR' from Vilmorin 1910. my son rescued some of these from a hill of poison oak vines in 2006, I was happy to find out they were from 1910 as thats the year my mother was born. 'Rose Unique' and 'Eldorodo' are also some 1910 historics we now grow. Sandra

Rochester, NY(Zone 6a)

Thank you Sandra.
I believe the gold one to be 'Honorable' from Lemon 1840 (France)

Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

Eeee!!! I am not sure how long these will be available. I am attempting to get to Rochester the weekend of august 17th for a beard competition that my friends are putting on! :)
I am in Syracuse and I love historic heirloom irises. These are perfect, my grandfather and a lot of my family is from Geneva/strykersville area. I would love to have these. How long are they available? Would I be able to send a friend if I can find one willing to dig them for me? I have a friend who is trying to sell her house out there. I may be able to get out there soon, but nothing in stone.

Rochester, NY(Zone 6a)

OutlawHeart81:
Sending a friend would be fine. I just sent you a Dmail.

To everyone:
I have more than enough to share with several people.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.