New addition

Norwalk, IA(Zone 5b)

I couldn't pass this one up today at our local nursery. Called "Primal Scream" its an Proven winners type.Huge flowers that remind you of an exotic orchid.Very thick rubbery petals and sepals.The color stands out from a block away!

Kyle :-)

Thumbnail by Eclipse Thumbnail by Eclipse
Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Mine doesn't pinch like that. I have had it for 9 years now.

PRIMAL SCREAM

Thumbnail by hemlady
Norwalk, IA(Zone 5b)

Thats what drew me to this one was that unique twist of the sepals, can't even capture the shade of orange, reminds me of a very old hybrid called "Haleakala".

Kyle

Des Moines, IA(Zone 5a)

Kyle.. I bought several Teeth daylilies this spring, If you want to get started on some teeth daylilies let me know. I have several colors that I am going to get rid of this fall That I paid good money for but now I have several fans of the same color that you can have. Your only 20 minutes away from me so stop by or call me.
Jet
Jerry Thacker

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

I think I would call it neon orange. It is very unique for sure and I love mine.

Rio Rancho, NM(Zone 7b)

My PRIMAL SCREAM isn't pinched like that either Cindy.

Linda

Thumbnail by l2le
Newport, RI

I bought three potted from a local garden center for $5.00 each, a really good price compared to some outrageous $$$$ I've seen. After two years in the garden less than impressed they averaged only 7 buds on three scapes and they are not so special. I'm not sure why there is so much hype when orange is such a common color, glad I didn't spend $$$$$.

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Everyone have that one but me. It is always at the top of the various region polls.
Linda, welcome back from hibernation. LOL!!

Des Moines, IA(Zone 5a)

I just bought a new one from Nicole's Daylilies, Here is the picture

Thumbnail by Roseman2
Des Moines, IA(Zone 5a)

Here are a few more teeth daylilies that I have..I want to get Eclipse (Kyle) to get started in these, He lives 20 minutes from me.

Thumbnail by Roseman2 Thumbnail by Roseman2 Thumbnail by Roseman2 Thumbnail by Roseman2 Thumbnail by Roseman2
Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Roseman, I sense that you are going to have tons of FUN in the garden in the years to come as you anticipate the blooms from your teeth crosses. You definitely have a great selection to start with. Mike

West St. Paul, MN

A word of caution for those who may not know: Oftentimes, the DLs available at the local gardening centers are what is known as "Tissue Culture". It is a process of "cloning" utilized for very rapid increase. They seldom are true to the original. Early on in my DL addiction, I was unaware of this and got burned a few times by inferior quality DLs that were tissue culture. Since I learned about these "Frankenstein" daylilies, I ALWAYS buy direct from reputable DL growers or breeders. Yes, they cost more, but there is a reason for that.

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Mike, Your not the only one who doesn't have Primal Scream. I don't have it either. lol It's not on my want list either.

Roseman, Beautiful Teeth you have! lol That is a beautiful lineup there! Can't wait to see some of your kids from them.

West St. Paul, MN

I, too, have 'Primal Scream'. I just love everything about it, even though I'm not a huge orange fan. It IS hard to set pods on, but it's pollen is good. I like just about anything of Curt Hanson.
Roseman2, your Nicole Harry DLs are absolutely gorgeous! (However, they are out of my "price" range.) I primarily like UFO's and have been buying many of those of late. However, I am a FOOL for any pretty, full form daylily. Especially toothy ones! I just got my first-ever tooth/fang DL yesterday. It is Benz 'Tooth and Nail'. (Click on link to see it)

http://www.daylily.com/auctpics_mod//1394118309.jpg

West St. Paul, MN

This message was edited Mar 10, 2014 2:39 PM

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Wow - Roseman, wish I lived 20 min from you! I love those toothed beauties..... ok , well, in reality, maybe you need to live 20 min from me because ya'lls winter has been WAYYY too rough for this girl! ^_^ Love those - you will sure have some beautiful blooms come summer.

I don't have primal scream either, but it has been on my wish list for a while now. I just haven't picked it up when I was buying. I hope to get it soon. MAYBE we will be staying where we are and won't have to move all the DLs and I will feel more comfortable about adding new ones!! Wishing now that I had added all those daffodil bulbs I had intended to last fall, but I didn't see the point if I wasn't going to be here to see them. Now, at least, it seems we will be staying in our home, so guess I will plan on adding them in the fall.

Anxiously awaiting DL blooms...................... (one can always dream........)

Genna

West St. Paul, MN

Just FYI, Blueridge/Bob is selling 'Primal Scream' on the LA. He just posted it.

West St. Paul, MN

Here is the address: http://www.daylily.com/cgi-bin/auction.cgi?cultivarshaspider&1397580842

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Scandinavia went for $91 on the LA today. I hope my small plant survived the winter. Divided in two to increase the odds last fall.

Kalama, WA(Zone 8b)

Quote from hemlady :
Mine doesn't pinch like that. I have had it for 9 years now.

PRIMAL SCREAM

Mine doesn't either. Though I think I like the look of that one even more. I wonder if Proven winners are putting out Tissue Culture plants?

West St. Paul, MN

@ Eclipse (and everyone else), your beautiful daylily reminds me of one from the south. I haven't had enough coffee for my brain to be on track yet. But, the one I'm thinking of, was found on someone's compost pile and introduced by ????. I believe it may be called ' "someone's" Loss'. (I'll post it later when it comes to me.)

West St. Paul, MN

Hah! Got it! It reminds me of 'Charlie's Loss' by James Townsend. It is on Tinker's Garden.

McGregor, IA(Zone 4b)

Joy, That DL with your name is a beauty!

Des Moines, IA(Zone 5a)

I just had my 1st daylily bloom today, It was a long winter & when i thought winter was over and with the warm weather the temps got up in the 80's so I uncovered tha daylilies & then the temp dropped down to 16 degrees. The daylilies started to come up then died back down.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Congrats on your bloom...................share it on the June bloom thread - and the blooms to come.

Glad your winter is finally over.....

Genna

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.