DOING MY BEST TO UPLOAD PICTURES

Santa Monica, CA

I just joined DG last week, 6/30/13. What a great website for so many areas of my life- and I just stumbled on to it. Thank you Dave! Anyway, I've already started a public blog and a private garden journal but hit a glitch while trying to upload a picture to my private journal. Wanted to try certain things out there first before venturing into more public areas but this seems to be a great mid- way point. What a great idea! So without further ado.....

Santa Monica, CA

OKAY, I started my thread and wrote my initial msg. Then I tried to upload some files. Perhaps I should explain- I am middle-aged, 'computer challenged' and 'financially challenged'. Also I've had a number of setbacks in the past several years, all while struggling with major clinical depression. So much on this website really lifts my spirits- thanks again. As for the matter at hand, I don't have a computer yet. When I want to work with a desktop I go to the library. Thus far, all my contact with Dave's Garden has been thru my teeny-tiny $15 mobile phone which takes fairly good photos. It's not a Smartphone, but I've been able to download some apps which allow this tiny phone to do some amazing things. However, it does seem to have it's limitations! I need to take a break now. I'll come back later and address what happened when I tried to upload a photo file with my initial thread post. What's kind of strange is that what happened was different than when I tried to upload a picture to my garden journal. LUNCHTIME!

Rancho Santa Rita, TX(Zone 8a)

Hi Betty, go look for the forum called
Daves Garden.

Look at the few newest threads. DG
is going thru a major o. overhaul,

We the members are hoping to
recover soon.

click here

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1323545/

Santa Monica, CA

Dear BajaBlue, thanks for reading my thread and getting back to me, and thanks so much for the information. I will certainly check out that forum. By the way, I grew up in NYC and now live in California, but my parents grew up in Texas and most of my relatives live there so that's where I spent childhood summers and Christmas. Lots of garden memories, and day-trips to the country. BoatleafBetty

Santa Monica, CA

OKAY-I went to the thread that Baja Blue suggested. Found out: 1)The DG website is in the process of being redone, so right now glitches are everywhere. 2) I should try clearing cache. OKAY-posting photos might be fun, but right now it's not #1 PRIORITY. Just taking a break from other chores. I'm going to try clearing cache later. Right now I'm just going to try to upload again.

Santa Monica, CA

OKAY-photo did not upload. Chores to do, will come back to this later.

Rancho Santa Rita, TX(Zone 8a)

you have d mail !

Santa Monica, CA

Menta species

Santa Monica, CA

Trying to use italics. Maybe it can't be done from a mobile phone unless it's an Apple or Android. I'll try this later from the library. But since I'm here: Peppermint- M. spicata Lemongrass Cymbopogon citratus

Santa Monica, CA

Darn! These posts keep disappearing!

Santa Monica, CA

Try again with a pic

Santa Monica, CA

Pictures do not post. #%*@$!!! (expletive deleted)!

Santa Monica, CA

Okay. I'll try italics. latin word

Santa Monica, CA

Nope. bold

Santa Monica, CA

THIS IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT

Santa Monica, CA

I like old-fashioned harvest-themed Hallowe'en decorations.

Santa Monica, CA

Be firm.

Santa Monica, CA

I now have a Smartphone. Let's see if I can upload a pic.

Thumbnail by BoatleafBetty
Santa Monica, CA

YAY! FINALLY! Let's try again! OKAY, this is a beaded jewelry component that I made from hand-colored clip art, a large flat glass marble, seed beads & beading materials.

Thumbnail by BoatleafBetty

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.