Summer Luncheon

North Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Summer Luncheon:

Where: My House
When: Saturday August 17 starting around 10:30
I Will Have: Grilled Hamburgers (Jeff is cooking) Condiments (miracle whip, mustard, and ketchup) Drinks (lemonade, cokes, H20, etc) and Paper Goods (plates, napkins, cups, etc)

You Bring: Your favorite summer dish, a door prize and your smiling face! You are more than welcome to bring plants and to browse my yard for anything...but mostly likely it will be too hot for that stuff. You may also bring a swim suit just in case you want to play in the water ;-)

Amber, Charlotte and KA (and any other maker) are encouraged to bring there homemade goodies for us to goggle over. There will only be 130 days until Christmas!

Eats:
KA--Blackberry Cobbler, pickles and tomatoes-fresh from her garden--Please bring me six body melts, thanks
Amber--Baked Beans
Loretta--Cave City Watermelon
Sandy--Chips and Buns
Charlotte--Potato Salad--Please bring me some begonia and butter burr, thanks
Sarah--Chip and Dip

This message was edited Aug 7, 2013 8:43 AM

Thumbnail by duckmother
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Will be there! Haven't figured out my dish yet.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Ill be there. Ill bring those Lemon crinkle cookies and something else too. And of course a door prize. Ill check w amber to see if she can come. Sounds like fun !! I have several tote bags / laptop bags I've made. Ill bring those too along w the lip balms and body melts. And if u want soap just let me know. I might just bring a couple bars of ea scent of those too. !!

Batesville, AR(Zone 7a)

I'll be there :). I plan on bringing Cave City watermelon if they are still around

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I hope the Cave watermelons are still around!!! YUMMMM

Still thinking about what I'll bring. One thing at a time!

Sounds great so far...its next weekend, right? LOL

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

The way time is flying it will be next weekend!!

Laceys Spring, AL(Zone 7a)

Dang! I will be on travel most of August! If I could come, we could make it my birthday party!! I'll be with you all in spirit, and it sounds like so much fun!! I'd love to dig into that Cave City watermelon and Kathy Ann's stuff!!

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

If anyone wants any hardy begonia or butter burr I can bring it. My hardy begonia and butter burr have both gone crazy. I'm going to have to pull up some more butter burr it's taking over my path through the area it's in.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

mine is still in a pot that you put it in, I have to water every day , I'm working on setting up soaker hoses, but when I hook them all to each other end to end, water doesn't want to travel to the very end ones, I have to figure out what to do about it, I've taken the thing out that makes the water go in slowly. I need to do something, i'm watering every day. driving me nuts lol just kidding, I still have way too much to do to water the ground plants every day.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Maybe you need to look into setting up one of those irrigation systems like Jeri did. I think you just hook together hose with the irrigation heads. My butterburr is in a spot that holds water and it is growing like crazy! I've pulled a bunch of it last year and took it to Wildwood. I have another piece in a different spot. It continues to live but really doesn't grow any so water is the trick! It's more like a bog plant.

Yeah, bring me some of each please, thanks!

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I have to find that recipe for the lemon crinkle cookies lol it's about l0 pages back on my fb I will bring either a blackberry pie or cobbler and some homemade dill pickle chips for the burgers and tomatoes from the garden.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Yum on the blackberry cobbler!! One of my favorites!

We are having a terrible storm. Of course igot caught out in it! Lots of lightening. Raining so hard can't see to drive. I'm out in the Otter Creek area and water was accumulating onStagecoach road. I'm in my car in a parking lot trying to wait the worst of it out. Small hail also mixed with the rain.

OMG! BB Cobbler...I'm in hog heaven!

Just wondering if anyone else had decided on their dish for the luncheon. Mostly I just need to see if I need to get stuff. I think we have skipped right over this one and are on to Jim's RU! I am excited about both.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Kim I think your right!!! It looks like we have watermelon and cobbler now in addition to your hamburgers. So it sounds like we need vegetables and dip, coleslaw, potato salad or something like that. Do you have any suggestions as to what we need to bring.

Well, I don't eat most of that stuff, so pick whichever you like!

Sandy is gonna bring chips and buns.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

What do you eat of that type thing?

I eat veggies like baked beans and fruits. I eat cheese, onion, cream cheese type dips but not really found of ranch dips. My husband adores potato salad and since he is cooking, feel free to bring it. As I have stated before, I am so used to not liking foods that I really don't worry about it. I can always find something to eat even if it is only dessert! LOL

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I think I'll bring a potato salad. It's been a long time since I've made one. We need to keep the cook happy!!!

Right! ;o)

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

don't put onions in it please! or save some without onions for me. I hate those buggers specially RAW!! I love potatoe salad .

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Sorry I'm so picky, :)

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Got it!

You're a picky eater? hahahaha I don't think so!

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Yeah. We know who the picky eater is. If its green , I suggest u guys dye it a diff color lol

Yeah, me, too ;o)

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

LOL!

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

I sure wish I could be there! We have so much going on right now..... and with Leigh working out of town, there is a LONG list of to dos every weekend! We have several projects we MUST get finished, including finishing the painting at my Mom's house, and getting all the posts replaced on our front and back porches. There is a lot to be done before we can start showing the house - and so we need to utilize every Saturday we can. We move the kids into college this coming week - and will probably have to take some more of their things over that weekend, but I hope we can finally get a few things done too. I hate I can't be there............. :( But, ya'll eat some dessert for me!

I will just have to hold out until October to see everyone - but I do hope to be there!

Genna

Several people have too much happening to make it. Hopefully all will be able to make it to Jim's!

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Genna it doesn't seem like your house is old enough for all your posts to have rotted!!!

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

I totally agree with that Charlotte! Several have needed to be replaced for over a year! :( We went to a lot of extra effort to try to make them last as long as possible - and I don't think it made much difference! They have been up 10 yrs this coming October. We primed and painted the posts - even put a clear sealer on the bottom of the post and on the inside of the "hole" up the middle of the post. Then we purchased a metal "base" that raises the post up off the porch about 1- 1.5" and that was supposed to help keep the water from wicking up the posts during rain. ALL that did was allow a place for LOTS of wasps to make a home up in the holes of the posts. So, we learned several things.... don't bother with the bases - they didn't really help, and if you ARE going to use the bases - at least put something on the bottom of the post to keep the wasps out! Oh well, live and learn. If we were staying here, I had hoped to put up fiberglass posts as replacements - but since we aren't, we will probably buy the 6" treated square posts and put them in and treated railing and paint or stain it all. I am pretty sure the house couldn't qualify for an FHA loan until we put up railing on the porches because they are so high off the ground. So, hopefully we can do all of that for about what we would have spent on the fiberglass posts.....maybe less. When we were doing the posts - we even bought one extra and painted it and everything thinking that if we needed to replace a post we would have it..... unfortunately, we never planned on having to replace over half of them!

There seems to be too much going on for all us, so after much consideration, we are cancelling the luncheon. See y'all in October!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.