Any Idea what this daylily is?

Rio Rancho, NM(Zone 7b)

My daughter sent me this lily in 2011 from CT and it has bloomed this year. A beautiful pale yellow with a little ruffling on the edges. It is very tall.....45" - 50" and the flower itself is
approximately 4-1/2 to 5-1/2".

No fragrance to it, but it sure is pretty. She doesn't really care about "names", so just said it was "TALL YELLOW" !

To me, it looks something like Star Dancer. It could be a seedling for all I know.

I screwed up the picture from yesterday with 2 blooms on it, so am attaching one from the day before. It just bloomed June 28 for the first time.

Any ideas are much appreciated.

Linda

Thumbnail by l2le
Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Very pretty but not sure what it is.

Rio Rancho, NM(Zone 7b)

Well, I recently found out that a lot of the lilies at Hardy's Daylily Gardens are seedlings. He hybridizes from registered daylilys and then sells those he is either through with, or has a lot of and sells them to the public. They don't do mail order (he and wife are older) and they dig them up for you when you pick out one you want. I'm still going to call them and ask the question, but his son told me they do a lot of breeding and selling of the seedlings.

At first I thought it was Hyperion, but it has no fragrance. It is a very pretty daylily and VERY tall.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.