killer eggs?

Belleair, FL(Zone 10a)

I went out this morning. & found these eggs on my squash & cuke plants. The plants were healthy 2 days ago but are now dying! Can I kill or destroy the eggs? Do I have to Yank the plants or can I save them? Any help would be great. I live in Clearwater FL if that makes any difference. I was so upset my hands were shaking so the pics mite not be great.

Thumbnail by brownthumb78 Thumbnail by brownthumb78 Thumbnail by brownthumb78 Thumbnail by brownthumb78 Thumbnail by brownthumb78
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Those aren't eggs. Those are caterpillar's frass or waste product they made. Your plants should be recover if you will look for the larvae and relocate them else where.

Belleair, FL(Zone 10a)

UPDATE! I went out & searched & found these worms. They are lite green w/ 2 white stripes. What are they? How do I kill them?

Thumbnail by brownthumb78 Thumbnail by brownthumb78 Thumbnail by brownthumb78
Enterprise, AL(Zone 8b)

I think those are melon worms. Try spraying with BT that is usually good to kill most types of worms. I had a huge problem with pickle worms and the BT is working really well. I thought I was going to loose the entire crop, now I am giving stuff away.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.