CLOSED: HAVE: Hellebores 'Miss Jekyll'

Wheaton, IL(Zone 5b)

Just collected seeds today, so they are very fresh. Will trade for postage, or for something on my want list. Also open to other suggestions.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

What color are the blooms on 'Miss Jekyll'?

Wheaton, IL(Zone 5b)

The blooms are a very pale lime green.

Wheaton, IL(Zone 5b)

Here's an image I found on the net...

Thumbnail by Elijablue
Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Thanks. That's what I'm looking for. I would like some of the seeds. I have the grasses on your Want List but didn't collect seed last year and the seed is not ready on those yet this year. I guess I'll send postage unless you find anything on my Have List that you'd like.

Wheaton, IL(Zone 5b)

Still have seeds for one or two more trades.

Pretoria, South Africa

Elijablue,

I am interested in some of your seed. If you aren't interested in a trade, I can do postage via PayPal

Thanks,
Elsa

Wheaton, IL(Zone 5b)

Elsa,
Sent you a d-mail.

Diane

(Zone 7a)

I would like to have some if you still have a pack left. Let me go look at your want list...I'm sure I'll have something.

Wheaton, IL(Zone 5b)

Kim,

I still have more seeds.

Prescott, AZ(Zone 7b)

Just a note about germinating hellebore seeds. I put some in pots about this time last year. I put a note on them "should germinate by Christmas", kind of making that my "just throw these out date". Sure enough 2 days before Christmas they germinated. They are slow but will germinate when fresh. I used a top coat of vermiculite on mine and keep them just damp. Good luck!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Thanks, Dee. Elijablue, the seeds arrived just fine. Thank you again.

Owosso, MI(Zone 5b)

Hellebore seeds need the cold to stratify them up here in MI over winter I just put them outside in a pot protected from critters and they will be germinated in the spring.
Believe me I tried them in a pot in the house over winter and they did nothing then found that the seeds that I missed and had dropped to the ground around the mother plant were growing small seedlings in the spring.
Jan

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.