June 28 Blooms

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Here are some blooms from today. The sun was bright early today and hot.

Pic # 1 South Beach new this year
Pic # 2 Peacock Maiden new this year
Pic # 3 Sharks Tooth new this year
Pic # 4 Double Dream
Pic # 5 Spider Man

Thumbnail by taylordaylily Thumbnail by taylordaylily Thumbnail by taylordaylily Thumbnail by taylordaylily Thumbnail by taylordaylily
Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Some more blooms from today

Pic #1 Mico has 10" blooms
Pic #2 Little Girl
Pic #3 Chicago Star not sure what is with bottom petal
Pic #4 Round Midnight
Pic #5 Victorian Princess

Thumbnail by taylordaylily Thumbnail by taylordaylily Thumbnail by taylordaylily Thumbnail by taylordaylily Thumbnail by taylordaylily
Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Beautiful blooms! That spiderman looks really neat with the sun shining thru it!

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

A few more from today
Pic #1 Salieri
Pic #2 Kwanso darker than normal this year
Pic #3 Royal Celebration
Pic # 4 Dream Blue Pardon my red garden shoes
Pic #5 Frosty Beauty

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

HIDDEN RICHES, QUEEN MOTHER MEMORIAL, NEW PERSPECTIVE, MILKY WAY EYES, TUNE THE HARP

Thumbnail by hemlady Thumbnail by hemlady Thumbnail by hemlady Thumbnail by hemlady Thumbnail by hemlady
Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

A few more

WIND FRILLS, VAMPIRE LESTAT, DESTINED TO SEE POLY, CALYPSO DANCER, SEEDLING JESTER'S COLLAR X MAGIC OF OZ

Thumbnail by hemlady Thumbnail by hemlady Thumbnail by hemlady Thumbnail by hemlady Thumbnail by hemlady
Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Really like Salieri!!!

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Gen, Thank You! The sun beat me out this morning. I got to sleep in today, and it felt great . My son slept till 8:30. I never get to sleep that late it's normally 6:30.

Hemlady, Beautiful just Beautiful! Love all of them! Does Destined to See poly much? I just planted that one this spring. It is always so pretty in picture. I can't wait to see it bloom. Great seedling! LOVE the white edge on your seedling. I seem to be a sucker for a white edge. Thank You for sharing such beauties!

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

That Salieri almost looks black .... don't think I have ever seen a DL that dark in color - very interesting.

Love the Hidden Riches and Calypso Dancer!

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Thanks! I just planted Salieri last spring. It is very dark and holds it's color really good in full sun all day here. My other darks fade in full sun.

Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

Are things every pretty at your house Cindy. Actually, both of you are pretty much in daylily heaven it looks like.

I didnt know of Jesters Collar before, but one of the posters in the FL forum posted this not long ago. It sure put it on my radar.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=9565946

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Wow Pam, it looks great growing in Florida!!!

Destined to See always gives me a couple of polys every season.

Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

Gorgeous blooms today all!!

taylordaylily, Spiderman looks great in that lighting! love the size and looks of Mico, Has that nice waxy look is it waxy? Really like the two tone on ian Princess! Great dark coloring on Salieri! love the color on Dream Blue !

hemlady, HIDDEN RICHES is a standout! Great color and form on QUEEN MOTHER MEMORIAL! DESTINED TO SEE looks nice polyed! Nice seedling!

Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

Praying For Miracles

Pink Super Spider

Prairie Moonlight and Joan Senior

Prarie Moonlight and Canning Furnace

Thumbnail by IRIS Thumbnail by IRIS Thumbnail by IRIS Thumbnail by IRIS
Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

I love Hidden Riches but it just won't increase for me. I have had the same 2 fans for about 6 years.

La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

I didn't take as many pictures today. My wife and I spent a good part of the day liveheading. We're expecting a visit tomrrow at 10 A.M. from the La Plata Garden Club. We were told there will be about 50 people. I have no idea where they will all park.
Anyway here's Within The Veil, So Excited, Vintner's Treasure and Pierre S. Dupont

Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar
Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Tagged as Always afternoon. Sure don't look like it.
Answering Angels
Going Bananas
Jambalaya....after the rain
Kisses Like Wine

This message was edited Jun 30, 2013 11:52 AM

Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB
Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Mama's Cherry Pie
Romancing Summer
Seminole Wind
Silken Touch
Stella's Pink Pretty

Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB
Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

Hemlady, A few of mine don't spread for crap either. and yet others contiually spread.
Beautiful blooms Gingerjar and Mike!

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Gardenglory, Thanks! Wow! Jesters Collar is beautiful!

Hemlady, Thanks! I hope I get some poly's from it. I like poly's. That is a long time for Hidden Riches to stay so bashful. Maybe this winter it will get a 7 year itch and take off.

Iris, Great Blooms! II like Prairie Moonlight with Joan Senior. I never thought to plant it with whites. I have mine planted with Reds and dark purples.
Yep, Mico has thick waxy petals. Victorian Princess doesn't hold it's color with sun. I need to move her. By 11:30am she fades out and looses her bi-color and just looks pale yellow.

Gingerjar, Hope your garden tour went good today! Beautiful Blooms! Pierre S. Dupont is really pretty. That one is now on the want list. Your GOOD! I would have been so panicked about 50 people touring my gardens there would have been no time to post.

HazelMike, Your garden is up and beautiful. I really like Answering Angels. great group of blooms!

Rio Rancho, NM(Zone 7b)

Beautiful blooms everyone! Too many to just pick out a couple, so I say beautiful to all! I'm behind, and I screwed up on about half of my pictures on Friday. I'm still not sure what happened, but I had a cataract removed in May and I see distance with my right eye, but still need glasses for the left one. Thank goodness I am scheduled to have the left eye cataract free on July 11! Hopefully, everything will look normal again. The depth perception is way way off and sometimes I forget and look at the flower with my left eye when I should be looking with my right. I ended up with just pieces of REALLY closeup pictures. LOL

So here are a few of my "NEW" ones

TOO MARVELOUS

ASHEVILLE BELLE CHERIE

VICTORIAN LACE

WILD AND WONDERFUL

AARONS LITTLE WHOPPER (to show all the buds)

Thumbnail by l2le Thumbnail by l2le Thumbnail by l2le Thumbnail by l2le Thumbnail by l2le
Rio Rancho, NM(Zone 7b)

Here are a few more of my "special" pictures that I obviously screwed up!

DOUBLE ALMOND (6/27) A layered poly

LEADER OF THE PACK (amazing coloring)

ON THE DOUBLE (another one with great coloring)

PERSIAN MARKET ( look at the tones!) Got this one from nutsfordaylily

TALL YELLOW ONE (don't know what this is...very tall w/slightly ruffled petals.)

Thumbnail by l2le Thumbnail by l2le Thumbnail by l2le Thumbnail by l2le Thumbnail by l2le
Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Linda, good luck on the surgery. Nice blooms!

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Linda, Great Blooms! Arron's Little Whopper has a ton of buds. What a nice long show you will have from him.
Good Luck with your eye surgery!

Rio Rancho, NM(Zone 7b)

Thank you for the wishes Mike & taylordaylily. The first one on my right eye is a mind blower. I was always farsighted, and once they removed the cataract I am almost back to where I was 30 years ago with that eye. When I went in for my last checkup, the doctor said "Excellent Surgery.....Looks fantastic!"

So....hoping for the same result on the left one.

I'll still need glasses for reading & computer work, but at least they won't be a strong of a prescription.

Linda

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Good luck with your surgery Linda! Hope it goes great! My sister and SIL both recently had both eyes done and are really enjoying life without glasses - or at least most of the time without glasses! It is amazing how much difference it has made in their vision!

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Didn't feel like starting new thread. Here are blooms from today. The storms we had last night were hard on my blooms.
Pic 1 Lurch
Pic 2

Thumbnail by taylordaylily
Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Sorry my son hit send on me

Pic 1 Umbrella Parade
Pic 2 Purple Noid has a big bloom 7" across
Pic 3 Cosmopolitan
Pic 4 South Seas
Pic 5 Siloam Baby Talk

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Very nice blooms!!!

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Hemlady, Thanks!

Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

Taylordaylily, Thanks, In all honesty, I wasn't thinking of the color combination when planting them, I just pretty much put the taller ones in the back and the shorter ones in the front, But, The color combo on most seem to have worked out good together.
Great Blloms here all! ` And l2le, I Hope the surgery on your left eye goes as good as the one on your right!! ~ hoping all goes great!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.