Garden Sculpture/ Chime from recycled parts mostly

Hillsborough, NC(Zone 7b)

Posted this in garden art but thought you might like to see it here.
I think taller than 12 feet but it is a guess. Hardened wood that has been carved and stained
Hand cut metal but I forget how cut - I do remember a wood template was used.
The square bottom is metal but the gauge allows for some bounce / flexibility to allow movement and not make so rigid in wind - although the fellow who designed it for me also made stakes.
The knockers (I have tried to give good photos) designed to keep it humming in slight breeze - a musical hum and then more traditional chime in strong breeze.. Like those metal tubes would give with regard to sound quality in a stronger wind.
The nails at the very top and the hook to hang the disk were hand forged. The welds at the bottom thickly beaded - rough not a clean weld. Have some goop to keep its finish but can let it rust also.
If you look close you will see a musical note and also a heart with initials in the wood (it was a present for my husband) (he still hasn't seen the heart) I hope you all like it. ;9) and it gives you ideas.

Thumbnail by missingrosie Thumbnail by missingrosie Thumbnail by missingrosie
This thread has 9 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!