Kitty & Cocoa 18 - MIA

Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

This is the ongoing saga of Kitty & Cocoa, two former strays and now pets. This thread series began 3 yrs ago when a then 1/2 wild Kitty showed up at my door, emaciated and homeless, with 2 small kittens at her side. As she stood there quivering beneath a shrub at my front door, she hissed at me, unsure whether to seek my help or fight to defend herself and her kitten. She had been living on the streets for who knows how long and had grown fearful of all humans, and now she had 2 kittens which she had raised in the wild with no human contact at all.

Both cats have been with me ever since, living here as indoor/outdoor cats who come and go as they please, or at least as they can get someone to open the door for them. Cocoa (the 'kitten') grew into a big, lovable fella, who, while comfortable with me, unfortunately, remained feral to all other humans. For years Kitty would have nothing to do with me besides seeing me as her waitress/doorman. This past year she finally came around and is now very lovable, wanting to be rubbed, scratched, and petted endlessly, something she abhorred before.

It seemed things were going really well at long last, but now Cocoa has gone MIA. We had a bit of an emergency here last week. The water heater exploded filling the garage and sending torrents of water out into the street. This ultimately led to a crisis for Cocoa, as numerous people came to our house over the next few days, 1st to alert us to the problem and then to fix it. The home which had been a safe haven for Cocoa had now become suspect. It smelled of strange humans. Now he has been missing since Sunday (June 23). He has taken these 'vacations' before and usually shows up tired & hungry right about the time I give up on ever seeing him again. Well, it's that time ...

Prior Thread: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1297254/

Pic below is of Cocoa

Thumbnail by DreamOfSpring
This thread has 176 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!