What's the hardest working clematis?

Stroudsburg, PA(Zone 6a)

My vote has to go to "Polish Spirit". My closest friends are all Polish by coincidence but I understand why. They are the hardest working, most uncomplaining people I know and this clematis is the same way. Blooms and blooms and blooms without a hint of trouble. My favorite clematis and one of my all-time favorite perennials.

Thumbnail by rteets
(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

It's beautiful. No wonder you love it. It's one I've never had but now it will go on my eternal want list.

Pittsburgh, PA

Arabella is my favorite. She bloomed early in the spring with lots of flowers and she is still blooming.

I bought "Polish Spirit" this spring in a three gallon pot, lots of foliage, but no flowers. I am waiting!!!

Thumbnail by obliqua
Duluth, GA(Zone 7b)

I have to say that I'm also loving Arabella this year. It was planted last spring and this year it's really taken off, and its been blooming for almost 2 months straight. I like it so much, I've ordered 2 more from the Brushwood sale.

Polish Spirit looks lovely, I'll have to add it to my want list.

Annette

Thumbnail by Cem9165
Big Flats, NY(Zone 5b)

My vote is also for Arabella ! I was just looking at pics. of Arabella on the Taylor (U.K.) and they stated That Arabella has been awarded a "Award of Garden Merit".
I was looking around Mr. Computer for more info and history and I ran across this bulletin on the R.H.S. about the Alpina and Macropetala groups. Here is the link if your interested.
(A.Ghttp://www.rhs.org.uk/getattachment/f1da3297-da04-4e0d-8376-34c9d1953950/Clematis-alpina-and-C--macropetala.aspx.M.}

Enjoy our Independance day ! Lee Sherwood McDonald

Stroudsburg, PA(Zone 6a)

I'm going to have to find a place for Arabella. She is getting a lot of votes. Must be something special and I can always find a place for a plant like that.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.