Your best 5 performers this spring

Leacock-Leola-Barevi, PA(Zone 6b)

I would really like to know everyone's top 5 performers this spring as well as their favorites.

Duluth, GA(Zone 7b)

I'll have to say I loved the Itohs, for the size of the blooms, and the strength of he stems. Keiko, Misaka, Yumi, and Pastel Splendor. My biggest surprise was Sea Shell, with a lot of blooms this year for the herbaceous peonies.

Thanks Annette. Besides the Itohs, were there any other herbaceous peonies that you were impressed with besides Sea Shell with regards to color, form, scent, best cut flower, etc...

Duluth, GA(Zone 7b)

I've got waayyyy more than 5 herbaceous peonies that I love, which include the newer plants for their form and colors, but not much scent, and the older plants for their bloom size and scent, but due to the weight if the blooms tend to need staking.

Here are:
Feather Top
Do Tell
Wladislawa
Sarah Bernhardt
Shirley Temple

Just a few of my faves ;-)

Thumbnail by Cem9165 Thumbnail by Cem9165 Thumbnail by Cem9165 Thumbnail by Cem9165 Thumbnail by Cem9165
South Lake Tahoe, CA(Zone 6a)

Cem9165~ Really like the Wladislawa. Big! Want to trade?

Duluth, GA(Zone 7b)

Hi SP Gardens, I'm happy to send you a piece. Will the fall, when it cools down be okay?

Annette

South Lake Tahoe, CA(Zone 6a)

I have lots to offer, ..keep in touch... thanks.. .. :-)

Duluth, GA(Zone 7b)

Will do.

Annette

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

This year among the herbacious peonies I liked Misaka, Mikado, Roland. Nancy Nora and Coral Charm best in my garden. Others will have a chance to catch up next time.

Lanzhou, China(Zone 4b)

They are my best 5 performers. I grow rockii peonies,Chinese tree peonies, Japanese tree peonies, and so on. They always make me happy.

Thumbnail by paeoniarockii Thumbnail by paeoniarockii Thumbnail by paeoniarockii Thumbnail by paeoniarockii Thumbnail by paeoniarockii

Thanks everyone for posting your favorites.
Annette, I really like your Feather Top Peony. And your side shot of it is perfect. It looks just like a waterlily. Is the color in the photo represents its color in real life? It is a beautiful color.

Rosemary, my favorite photos of the peonies this year have been those of Mikasa and Coral Charm, neither of which I have. They are definitely on my wanted list.

Paeoniarockii, your rockii flowers are awesome and beautiful. I love them all - what are their names? I wonder if they are hard to grow? How do you get them to ;produce such beautiful flowers?

Lanzhou, China(Zone 4b)

The rockii peony name is Dan Xin, Zhao Fen, High Noon, Shu Sheng Peng Mo, Hong Jin Rui in turn. I think peony is easy to grow, especially the paeonia rockii which is hardy and drought resistant. And peony is pets free. I have been growing peonies for 20 years. Including paeonia rockii, Chinese tree peony, Japanese tree peony and Herbaceous peony. If you want to see more beautiful pictures you can find me on facebook. My facebook name is Gansu Zhongchuan Peony Nursery.

North Olmsted, OH

I bought Coral Charm 6 years ago. This is the first year that I had coral blooms, before this the buds were coral but the blooms were definitely cream. Has anyone else had this experience? I was disappointed with the plant and have been told that what I experienced is not uncommon. I am new to the board so I am interested in what those of you who have Coral Charm think about its color.

(Mary) Anchorage, AK(Zone 4b)

Cora Louise

Thumbnail by Oberon46
Duluth, GA(Zone 7b)

Mary, it is so nice to see peony blooms so late during the year. Do you have any others blooming now?

(Mary) Anchorage, AK(Zone 4b)

OH no. This was taken much earlier. I have been trying to go back through the dated folders to find the others but the dates are so far off from usual and I have not had time to title each picture yet it might take a bit. Also have lilies and dahlias to find.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.