CLOSED: Lots of Old Seed (some Heirlooms)

Almere, Netherlands(Zone 8b)

Sorry I didn't get to this 'til summer, but better late than never? I'm a compulsive seed collector. I have finally organized my seedbox and these are seeds that I no longer want for various reasons, yet as long as there's still a little hope I don't want to throw them away. Most of these have been kept in a freezer for a while and then in a cool, dry basement. Many are full packets, some unopened. Of the ones I saved personally there are often tens of packets worth, no guarantee on outcrossing or stability if it's from a hybrid source though.

Will send for paypal postage to those with positive feedback or SASBE to those without feedback, or will trade for similarly old and iffy seed.

If you know for sure (say, you're an experienced seed saver/sprouter) that some of these seeds are definitely no longer viable OR are my own saves and are patented I will remove and destroy. I did look but could've missed. I'm sprouting some old seed I chose to keep in flats now - there's been quite a bit of success and it's only been several days.

I will edit this list as seeds go out so you know what's still available.

EDITED: All the seed is gone. Thanks!

This message was edited Jul 6, 2013 3:55 PM

Carmel, IN(Zone 5b)

Sending you an d-mail.

Linda

Monterey, IN(Zone 5b)

I sent you a dmail :)

Almere, Netherlands(Zone 8b)

Still lots more!

(Judy) Simpsonville, SC(Zone 8a)

Wow, I'm a big seed saver too. Don't really need anymore but I do have a suggestion. There is a site called gardenhoard.com where you can send your old seeds, no more than three years old. In return, she will send you six samples of free seed that you choose off here web site.

I've started to do that with my homegrown seeds, since I gather them every year to trade and give as gifts and them I keep one envelope back just in case I had a disaster and needed to start over. The following year, when i gather new seeds, those just-in-case seeds can go to garden hoard. I end up spending money on postage but in return I get six new varieties of seeds that I don't yet have. And I keep from having too many seeds.

Carmel, IN(Zone 5b)

Good information, Judy. I have lots of seeds left over every year....nice to know they can go to a good home.

Linda

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.