June 25 blooms

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Here are some blooms from this muggy and hot day.

Pic #1 Cerulean Star
Pic #2 Dream Blue
Pic #3 Victorian Princess
Pic #4 Mary Reed
Pic #5 Little Cadet

Thumbnail by taylordaylily Thumbnail by taylordaylily Thumbnail by taylordaylily Thumbnail by taylordaylily Thumbnail by taylordaylily
Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Very nice!!! No pics for me today, it's raining.

Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

Nice ones! Hot and muggy here too.....

Twist and Shout...not much twist this year!! lol
Pure Indulgence

Thumbnail by nanny_56 Thumbnail by nanny_56
Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Pure Indulgence is sure a pretty red!!!

Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

Taylorlady, Great blooms today !! Love that an Cerulean Star!

Nanny, Pure Indulgence is beautiful!

Haven't been able to be on here for a short while ( Been sooo busy, Painting the house ..ect) do got a few blooms to post though (These are from within the past few days)

ForrestLake Raggamuffin
Siloam Erving Hepner
Orange Velvet
Moonlite Masqurade
Mary's Gold

Thumbnail by IRIS Thumbnail by IRIS Thumbnail by IRIS Thumbnail by IRIS Thumbnail by IRIS
Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

Royale Heritage
Carolina Dreaming
Emma's Heart Stopper
Spider Miracle
Red Volunteer

Thumbnail by IRIS Thumbnail by IRIS Thumbnail by IRIS Thumbnail by IRIS Thumbnail by IRIS
Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Like them all Iris!!!

Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

Thankyou Hemlady!

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Nanny, Thank You! Beautiful Reds! I like both of them! Very muggy here!

Hemlady, Wish I had some of your rain. It keeps going around me. I have had to water most of the spring. Scared of what summer is going to be like. I planted 65 new daylilies this spring.

Iris, Thank You! You have some beautiful blooms! Hope your house painting is coming along well for you. It's always so nice when you are done, but such a mess in the process.

Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

taylordaylily, Thanks! It's a slow process ( I'm afraid of hieghts, So trying to do the lower spots which aren't so low in some areas because it's a tri-level house) plus having to manuver around all the bushes and shrubs and plants ect makes it kinda tough sometimes and this brutall heat and humidity isn't helping much either, But, On the bright side, I am getting it done. :)

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

I feel your pain. We have a Quad-level. With 18 foot high ceilings in our great room. Be careful with the heat and humidity. Good Luck!

(karen) Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

NOID marked as Absolute Treasure but clearly not that one
Precious One
Karen Sue
Whimsical

This message was edited Jun 28, 2013 6:08 AM

Thumbnail by kjuddy Thumbnail by kjuddy Thumbnail by kjuddy Thumbnail by kjuddy
Rio Rancho, NM(Zone 7b)

Wow! Some gorgeous blooms everyone.

Here are mine from today. My camera or this website is making all my pictures more pinky or more red than they are. Hawaiian nights is almost black it is so dark!

RASPBERRY SICKLE

TANG DYNASTY

ON THE DOUBLE (a little weird or not open all the way)

HAWAIIAN NIGHTS - much darker than the picture

TOO MARVELOUS

Thumbnail by l2le Thumbnail by l2le Thumbnail by l2le Thumbnail by l2le Thumbnail by l2le
Rio Rancho, NM(Zone 7b)

REGAL AIRE

HOLD YOUR HORSES (if it is)

DOUBLY DELICIOUS

VENICE IS SINKING - almost perfect bloom

ETCHED EYES

Thumbnail by l2le Thumbnail by l2le Thumbnail by l2le Thumbnail by l2le Thumbnail by l2le
Rio Rancho, NM(Zone 7b)

EMPIRE STRIKES BACK

FLASH OF BRILLIANCE

WINE DELIGHT

LANA ISHEE (LOOKS LIKE SUN BURN)

REGAL MAJESTY

Rio Rancho, NM(Zone 7b)

AARON'S LITTLE WHOPPER

SOUTHERN ROMANCE - a little wilted

BLUEBERRY BLUSH (5 blooms)

DENA MARIE (4 blooms)

GOLDEN CHANCE

Rio Rancho, NM(Zone 7b)

GLENDEVON (3 BLOOMS)

SILOAM DOUBLE CLASSIC

JOAN SENIOR-this was the only way I could get a picture, as the scapes of another were laying over on it

SPACECOAST RASPBERRY MIST

PERSIAN MARKET

La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Dolly Poly
Small World Sight for Sore Eyes
Steve's Corn Rows
Raspberry Frisbe
Midnight Magic

Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar
Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

taylordaylily, Thanks so much! 18ft ceilings--wow! I try to do spots that are in the shade, But, Just the heat and humidity can be unbearable at times! I think I have the only house that can have sun on all three sides at once! ~ shade has to be from overcast skies or the peakes from the house.

kjuddy, Nice blooms, But, If you don't mind my saying, I don't think Absolute Treasure is what it's suppose to be, It should really be like a solid pink ( Posted a photo of mine) If you look on the plant files, the others are pretty much the same as mine

Nice blooms l2le and gingerjar ( Love that Small World Sight for Sore Eyes!)

Absolute Treasure ...

Thumbnail by IRIS
Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

My first sdlg.
Second sdlg.
Nature Boy
Apricot Sparkles
Quartz Rainbow

Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB
Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

Nice first seedlings ( Whats the parentage on the first one?( Exciting to see when they open isn't it?!) I found that the following opening buds were better then the first. ~ all nice, Really like Quartz Rainbow!

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Stella's Sparky
Blackeyed Stella
Going Bananas
On And On.....name implies function! LOL!
Stella's Ruffled Fingers

Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB
Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Jolly Red Giant
Vivid Heart
Grape Slush....gift from Possumhollow
SC Hot Topic... the rain got a hold of this one before it opened.
Affairs Of The Heart

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Legend Of The Fall
Breath Of Fresh Air
Ditch Lily...thought I got rid of all of all of these out of this bed. I will wait till it's done and dig it out.
Endless Heart
Wild Horses

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Iris thanks. I will have to look up the info on the sdlg and post soon.

Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

Ok Mike, And sorry for posting right away, I didn't realize you were not done with your photos. ( Which are all nice) Favs.. Quartz Rainbow, Jolly Red Giant and Breath Of Fresh Air!

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Iris, that's ok. We can never tell when someone is done posting. JRG is hanging out below 4ft for now. Second year.

Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

Tall one!

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Wow! Great Blooms Everybody!

Iris, My house is full sun all day. I have a small strip of shade on the north wall of my house. Everything else is full sun all day. I'm sure my heat and humidity are not as bad as yours.

Mike, Congratulations! Nice seedlings!

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Beautiful blooms everyone! So many favorites - but that Pure Indulgence is a new one that I don't think I have seen before - LOVE that red! :)

Nice seedling Mike........I don't think I even want to consider getting into hydridizing..............

Heat and humidity are kicking here too! Be careful Iris........... especially climbing up and down ladders! No shade at my house either.........makes working outside a killer this time of year. I went out to water after 8 last night - at least by that time of night the temps are getting down reasonable. But then the mosquitos are on the attack! :(

Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

taylordaylily, I kinda like having the sun, But, The heat and humidity here at this time of year is off the charts alot! ~ It can be quite brutal!

gen2026, Your so right, It is a killer at this time of year! And I do the same as you, I try to water in the morning, But, If theres a chance of rain, I tend to wait and see if we get any and if not then I won't water until after 8 at night, Just to dang hot! I'd rather deal with the mosquitos then the relentless heat. But I do feel it's better to water in the mornings because the slugs and bugs like the cover of the night and they love the moisture of the water and then to chomp on the buds, I find much less of this problem if I water during the morning hours, It soaks the 'roots' and evaporates on the top leaving no moisture.

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

I like the sun and don't mind heat it's the humidity that kills me.
I water and weed in the morning. I'm a wimp when it comes to humid weather.

Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

taylordaylily, You sound exactly like me!! LOL!! I HATE Humidity and will only work in it if it's a extreme must. ( I'm a wimp too with the humid weather)

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Iris, Maybe we are not wimps, maybe we are just smart. I got some rain last night and seems to have added to the humidity here today. I'm heading out to Kings Island with my son.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Well, I am not a morning person.......... so I can't seem to force myself to get up early enough to water and then head to work. It is all I can do to make it to work by 7:30 ! LOL

One weekend I was in my bed working by 6:30 - that was a MAJOR accomplishment for me!!! But I knew it would be the only way to beat the heat.

I can handle more of the heat than the humidity as well. Once the humidity starts climbing it is rough. And if there is just a SLIGHT breeze it makes SO much difference. The problem is where we live a lot of the summer there is NO stirring of the air at all. We joke about the heat - but it really can be dangerous when temps and humidity soar.....

Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

taylordaylily, I agree! It's funny that you mentioned the rain adding the humidity, because it was the same here!! Couldn't even sit outside in the evening without dripping sweat!! Ick!! ~ Hope you both have a great day at Kings Island !

gen2026, I'm not a morning person either lol, I have to REALLY force myself to get out there early and sometimes I don't make it! ~ It defdinately is one way to beat the heat of the sun, Not neccessarily the humidity though and your so right about the breeze, Even a minor slight one really does help! You got that right about no joke when the temps and humidity soar! I had to cut the grass today and I had to keep taking breaks from it, I didn't think I was going to make it there for a while, But, I did get it all done, love the rain for the plants, But, It makes the the grass grow so dang fast and it's such a pain to have to keep cutting it!

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

I know - it is a double edged sword.................. need it for the plants, but the weeds and the grass love it too!! LOL.... I would say, I could just plant the whole yard but then I can't keep the weeds and grass out of the beds I do have - so that wouldn't make a lot of difference. It would just make it more difficult to mow. Back a few weeks ago, when we were getting rain, the yard was really needing to be mowed before a week was over.... it didn't get it more often than that, but it needed it. It has slowed some with the lack of rain and the heat, but it was just mowed last Thursday, and is needing it again.......
The lack of rain seems to affect my plants faster than it does the grass or the weeds!!

Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

gen2026, We have had rainstorms on and off for over a week and it's the same here, I let it go as long as I can, But, Got that dang clover all over which attracts a lot of bees which is great for the flowers but not good when my dog when he's out playing/Or when I'm walking through ( Got open shoes, And caught a bee in my toes more then a few times) And same here on the grass and weeds .. They grow GREAT in almost any weather, Wish all the plants were like that!! lol

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Gen, I'm forced to be a morning person. I am not a morning person either, my son is a morning person. LOL!
Your not kidding about the heat and humidity being dangerous. When it's hot and humid out and I have to be out for a period of time. I wet a few towels and put in a baggie in my freezer for a half hour. Then I wrap a towel around my neck. When it stops helping me out I change to a fresh one.

Iris, Had a great day at Kings Island! We went to the water park there and them rode some rides. I hate cutting the grass here. I grew up in the city with a push mower, we have a riding mower. I look like a natural born idiot on that thing. Two years ago I hit a snake with it and it flew up into my lap. Oh, I was so freaked out that I jumped off the mower and made a fool of myself. My neighbor still laughs about it.

Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

taylordaylily, Thanks for the great laughs, You made my night! And Happy to hear that you both had a great time at Kings Island!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.