A few Agastache photos

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

A. 'Golden Jubilee' stands out like a beacon.

Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener
Stroudsburg, PA(Zone 6a)

Thank you so much for the pictures! I just bought 3 Golden Jubilees and I'm really excited about them - especially after seeing your photos. I hope someday to send some pictures of my own....

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

I think you will really like the Golden Jubilee Agastache. It does stand out in the garden - almost glows sometimes. Very easy care. Has it all - flowers, fragrance, beautiful foliage. What more can you ask of a plant. :) I look forward to a picture of yours someday. Good luck with them.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

A newly planted Firebird Agastache .
The first pic is the root reverted back to something ,looks like catnip or something only it is the root of the Agastache , the other is small,, yet returned after a usual winter outside , and that is allright with me ...
Only if it was blooming (or blooms)like yours ...I wouldn;t care if it is something other .
Nice pic's and nice flowers !!!!

This message was edited Jun 29, 2013 2:41 AM

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7
Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Yes, your first picture looks very mint-y. I haven't had Firebird. It looks like a nice one. I like it and need to get some red ones planted. I have mostly the purple flowers and A. rupestris which has orange or orange and purple flowers. I had a nice annual Agastache - Pink Pop - but not sure it will return. A good re-seeder but the bed is very crowded right now.

Agastache 'Pink Pop'

Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

I would take from that you like the cooler blue and purple colors better than most ...? My plant is only new , only one returned ,, I am zone pressing some with the one I have ..

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Yes, I like the purple and blue agastaches. I'm not sure what 'Pink Pop' may be doing this year as that bed is very crowded and it's an annual. We'll see.

I do the zone pushing thing sometimes. Can't resist. If I mulch over some of the plants, they do fine.

I should go out and take some pictures of the agastaches now but it is so darn hot. I've been inside all day. I'm sure some things need a drink of water ... maybe later.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

ME too !!!! all I did for a while was water a few , very few , and tied a few tomato plants.. it is h..o,o,o, T !!!
Oenthera Biennis Do you have or still want some seeds . it grows wild here

A few pics of different places of the garden ..

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

oops the first was the wrong one. maybe this is better .. goofy gadgets ..

Thumbnail by juhur7
Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Yes, I'd like some seeds. Do I have any seeds you want?

None of these are agastaches ... but these are some photos I took yesterday in the yard.

Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

You have several.. were back to the Jurasalem artichoke and so forth for fall. any of those your still looking for when fall comes around
I am learning how to collect seeds from the Oenthera .Early in spring I dig them up and put them where I want them .. they always return ..
My newest hybrid , blooming in this heat , looks kind of ordinary . only nice compared to others wilting down or bloom failure (the heat does that)

Thumbnail by juhur7
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

You have some nice flowers there!! the Coneflower or Daisy is the only one I just about recognize.. ;;lol

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Got the dmail. Yes, things are wilting in this heat. But not the agastaches. They are such amazing plants. More photos to come, I hope.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

When we first started talking , earlier about the "Agastache" ., well here's the mint looking one from same root with "Firebird ". (2&3)
The reason is the mint looking #1 is opening pink blooms , looks like a pink catnip or something .. I think it could be Hummigbird mint or pink rugosa ..maybe a pink "cotton candy" Only that does not explain anything
The "Firebird" is cana leaved , what do you say?

This message was edited Jul 21, 2013 9:53 PM

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7
Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Somehow I lost track of this thread. I'm not certain about the above - something close to that.

Salvia 'May Night' or 'Mainacht'

Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Well my firebird was not that big of a plant and had had not clumped . it got stepped on and destroyed ,
The mint looking older type , It is in my file , yet to be retrieved from a non functioning computer (a broken start button)
I bought them both from a small east coast vendor , yet to be file gathered also ,
In the meantime . Some seeds from May night I do have , a few saved seeds from the Firebird I have , I will see what I get (or not) Seedlings of hybrids and all that , you know ..

Nice plant C_ville
I am still trimming collecting seeds from everything , tons to do to get organized ,,, I am such a slob ,,, sheesh

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Thanks. I'm hunting for my other Agastache and Salvia photos. They are right here on this computer ... somewhere!

Algonquin, IL(Zone 5a)

Hah!...that's like trying to finding a recipe I saved that, "I couldn't live without"!

I do love all your Salvia and Agastache pics!! I want to get some more blue Salvias.
Here's a couple of mine.

Salvia 'Eveline' - This was the first bloom. Once it's cut back it continues to bloom lightly on and off till frost.

Agastache 'Blue Fortune' - It's a common variety, but this one seems to come back while some others have not. Hummers like it and bees of all types love it (butterflies, too, but we haven't had many this year).

Annual Tall Red Salvia - The hummers love it (they also love the deep blue annual ones).

Thumbnail by nutsaboutnature Thumbnail by nutsaboutnature Thumbnail by nutsaboutnature Thumbnail by nutsaboutnature
Stroudsburg, PA(Zone 6a)

I posted this on the bird forum but I wanted to show these pictures of Salvia "Black and Blue" with a hummingbird here. What a beautiful plant to humans and birds alike!

This message was edited Aug 25, 2013 12:36 PM

Thumbnail by rteets Thumbnail by rteets
Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

'Eveline' is spectacular! Do you collect the seeds and do they come true? I will look for that one. My mother's name was Neveline.

I didn't get any of my annual red salvias planted this year. I have a picture of some from last year ... IF I could find the pictures. lol.

Gorgeous, rteets. Love that S. 'Black and Blue'.

Algonquin, IL(Zone 5a)

I, also love your 'Black and Blue', rteets and yours look lovely!! I'm going to add that to my list for next year (maybe even plant some this Autumn).

Your Mom's name is beautiful, Cville_Gardener! I don't bother to collect seeds from the 'Eveline' because it spreads so much. How much is just spreading and how much is reseading, I couldn't really say, but I started with 3 small plants a few years ago and it now covers approximately 4' X 7'. In some areas it's growing solid, but it's also growing around other plants. I cut it back after the first bloom, then it blooms intermittently throughout the summer. The leaves are kind of course-looking, but I love the blooms. Just make sure you have room for it cause it will spread.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Great! I love spreaders.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

The agastaches and salvias are done for the year here. They are just brown seedheads now. Even the goldenrod is gone now. Shots from a few weeks ago. :)

Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener
Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Quote from nutsaboutnature :

I do love all your Salvia and Agastache pics!! I want to get some more blue Salvias.

Nuts, do you have Anise Hyssop Honey Bee Blue?

Mine are about 4' tall and I have tons of plants.

Terese

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

I have 'Honey Bee Blue" and I really like it.

Algonquin, IL(Zone 5a)

Terese, right now all I have is 'Blue Fortune' and I love it...so do the Hummers!

I've tried other varieties in the past that were beautiful, but never came back the next Spring. I bought this one last Autumn on a whim and I wish I had gotten several. I actually planted it late so I didn't expect much, but it came back healthy and gorgeous.

The foliage even turned a beautiful yellow color before turning brown and I've left the seed heads on the plant.

Terese & Cville, I've read several other people mention that 'Honey Bee Blue' is lovely and does come back. I guess I'll have to try it or maybe Wintersow some seeds.

OOPS...it has started snowing! Our first snow of the season. Right now it's too warm out to stick, though.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Nuts... I have very mature plants out back... Tons, if you want any..... I'm not too far away. Lemme know. I'll be moving in 2 yrs, so I could care less how many get taken.

Terese

Algonquin, IL(Zone 5a)

Terese, I'm so sorry. I've been so tied up lately, I haven't visited DG in a while. I didn't even realize you had posted with your generous offer of plants. :-(

I'm usually much faster to respond. Thank you so much!! That was so very sweet of you!

I never even finished all my Autumn garden chores including some cuttings I wanted to take to save some tender perennials and annuals.

Right now since it's totally white outside, I guess I'll give it a rest till Spring, or at least till late Winter when I'm going to try to do some wintersowing.

Thanks again and I hope you have a Wonderful Holiday Season!

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Nuts.. not a problem. the plants are not going anywhere, as you mentioned the 'white' conditions.

I need to find out from the Tollway Authority when they will be digging up my gardens... so i know when i need all the plants moved. I"m hoping later than sooner. But if they move like another other IL body... it may be the "later".

I'll be doing a bit of winter sowing again - just not as many as i normally do.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.