June 23 Blooms

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Here are a few blooms from today.

Pic #1 Delicate Design The highlighting is different on every bloom
Pic #2 Siloam Ury Winniford
Pic #3 Always Afternoon
Pic #4 Siloam Royal Prince
Pic #5 Black Eyed Susan

Thumbnail by taylordaylily Thumbnail by taylordaylily Thumbnail by taylordaylily Thumbnail by taylordaylily Thumbnail by taylordaylily
Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

A few more and my peace rose.

Pic #1 Moonlit Masqurade with Incrediball Hydrangea
Pic #2 Knick Knack has a cute small bloom
Pic #3 Peace Rose My first bloom just planted at end of April
Pic #4 Favorite Mallow with a cute visitor
Sorry didn't realize it was so blurry

This message was edited Jun 23, 2013 8:57 AM

Thumbnail by taylordaylily Thumbnail by taylordaylily Thumbnail by taylordaylily Thumbnail by taylordaylily
(karen) Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

NOID Yellow

Rushing Delight

NOID sold as Cinnamon Toast and that's what it reminds me of

NOID this a tiny little velvety red one I'm trying to decide if it is pardon me but it has NEVER rebloomed and PMe is supposed to be an excellent rebloomer so I don't know

Blackberry Cobbler

Thumbnail by kjuddy Thumbnail by kjuddy Thumbnail by kjuddy Thumbnail by kjuddy Thumbnail by kjuddy

Taylor love your peace rose and Delicate Design

NOID pink ribbed

NOID small purple

Not sure about this one I think it is either Charming Heart or Jack Michael

Ice Carnival

Strutter's Ball

Thumbnail by kjuddy Thumbnail by kjuddy Thumbnail by kjuddy Thumbnail by kjuddy Thumbnail by kjuddy
Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Kjuddy, Great blooms! Your Noid is a pretty one. I like Rushing Delight and Blackberry cobbler. My Pardon me has some years that I don't get rebloom. Some years I get great rebloom.

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Thank You! You have very pretty noid's. Love the purple one.

Whimsical

Sammy Russell

NOID Golden Redeye

Strawberry Hill

And just a great picture of a Guara bloom

This message was edited Jun 23, 2013 8:17 AM

Thanks Taylor I'm a sucker for multi colored roses although at the moment I'm not growing any. I used to have a climbing peace rose and it was my favorite!

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

This is my first year to grow any rose's. I bought a Peace rose bareroot and a sunny Knock out this spring. I like the Peace rose better then the Knock Out.
I love your Guara! I love Guara it just does not seem to love my yard.

I have a hard time growing guara as well. I finally have 2 plants that survived for a whole year - figured I better get a picture while I can:) I have that sunny knockout and it is kind of a dud for me. Not nearly as pretty and big as the pink one I bought at the very same time. I love yellow roses but the sunny knockout one just isn't so great so far.

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Congratulation's! Glad you shared your bloom. Hope it hangs on for another year or so for you.
My sunny knock out has not been all that great so far either. It's new so I shouldn't be so hard on it just not that impressed so far.

Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

BARBARA MITCHELL

BERRY DELICIOUS.....My camera makes this one to purple it is more a dark red.

Thumbnail by nanny_56 Thumbnail by nanny_56

ooops!

Forgot Wild Horses!!

Thumbnail by nanny_56
Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Nanny, Nice Blooms! That is a great pic of Barbara Mitchell. Keep taking breaks it is hot and muggy today.

Thanks! It is very hot and humid for sure....hearing some thunder in the distance.

La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Cherokee Sonny, Holy Guacamole, North Wind Drifter, Veins of Truth, and Blue Reflection

Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar
Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Gingerjar, Great group of Blooms! Like them all but North Wind Drifter is my favorite one.

Rio Rancho, NM(Zone 7b)

My Pardon Me has NEVER rebloomed. Wah!!!

I don't see even one picture of a daylily that I don't like. Love them all.

Here are my new ones for today:

Double River Wye (Looking perfect)

Flash of Brilliance

Doubly Delicious (I just love this one)

Tang Dynasty

Blueberry Blush

Thumbnail by l2le Thumbnail by l2le Thumbnail by l2le Thumbnail by l2le Thumbnail by l2le
Rio Rancho, NM(Zone 7b)

Essence of Royalty

Spacecoast Raspberry Mist

Snow Shadows

Siloam Double Classic

Wild Silk

Thumbnail by l2le Thumbnail by l2le Thumbnail by l2le Thumbnail by l2le Thumbnail by l2le
Rio Rancho, NM(Zone 7b)

AND

Glendevon

Galaxy Explosion

By Myself

Canadian Border Patrol

Persian Market

Rio Rancho, NM(Zone 7b)

AND

Dena Marie

Cluster Muster

Watchyl Arsonist (Lana Ishee to the right)

Leader of the Pack

Lana Ishee - a couple of the petals are messed up!

Rio Rancho, NM(Zone 7b)

1 More

Regal Majesty - also has a few messed up petals

Chestnut Eyes....did not get a good picture

Regal Finale & Regal Air both bloomed, but could not get decent pictures!

Thumbnail by l2le
Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

I2le, Beautiful show of blooms you have. I just planted Double River Wye this spring. Nice to see your pretty picture of it. Cluster Muster might have to go on my list. It looks so cute and cheery, it would look good with May Night Salvia.
Not sure about Pardon Me. Your a zone higher than me so I would think you would get a rebloom on it. Mine does have the rebloom right behind the initial bloom when I get rebloom. Maybe somebody will give their thoughts about it.

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

No rebloom on my two clumps of Pardon Me here...3yrs.
Had my first sdlg bloom today. I will post a pic tomorrow. From the looks of things there will be a couple more tomorrow.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

I am behind catching this thread ..............beautiful blooms as always! Karen, I think I may have that same small purple - got it from Bonnie at a RU - so I will try to see if it is blooming for me and what the name is.

Love that Blackberry Cobbler and Wild Horses - they are both already on my want list............... Need to add that Cherokee Sonny and Holy Guacamole - those are gorgeous!! Adding that Siloam Ury Winniford to my list as well. So many beautiful blooms!

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Karen, I DO have that same small purple...actually got it from you instead of Bonnie because I checked the tag when I was home for lunch. I have it labeled as Whimsical .... Looked it up on the internet and it appears to be correct. Of course, I am not positive that my whimsical matches the small noid purple you posted above.....

Here is the pic I took at lunch.

Hope that helps!
Genna

Thumbnail by gen2026
Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

So behind on seeing all the posts!! ~ Great blooms all!! ~ And Love that Peace Rose!! ~ also seeing Wild Horses especially seeing as mine has not bloomed yet this year ( And don't know if it will)

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Thanks Iris!

Genna I 'm not sure but I don't think they are they same.

I have Whimsical blooming elsewhere but this one looks a LOT smaller than the whimsical bloom and you can see by the side by side pictures that the petals don't curve down like Whimsical. When I saw this bloom my first thought was I don't remember moving Whimsical out front! but then when I really looked at the shape it is so different

The NOID isn't blooming today but the next time it does I'm going to snap off a Whimsical bloom and take a picture of them side by side maybe that will help. They are definitely the same color combination

NOID small purple
Whimsical

This message was edited Jun 25, 2013 6:23 PM

Thumbnail by kjuddy Thumbnail by kjuddy
Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Yeah, I agree...... My first whimsical blooms of the season were not as curved though. But, the color looks slightly different as well. Good luck IDing it........... it is so hard once the tag is gone! :( I have managed to ID a few of the very first DLs I purchased but it is because I knew exactly who I bought them from and it was part of a Coop purchase and I was able to find the list of options. Recognized most of the names and was able to narrow it down from there. Haven't been that lucky on some of the others.

Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

Gen, I always write down the name and info on any daylilys I get so I know exactly who sent me what and when, I also make a map of all the daylilys so that I know whats planted where because the tags never last for some reason or other, so doing it this way makes life IDing them a lot easier.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

I have tried to start doing that as well.... but unfortunately, I have not been consistent with it. I have some catching up to do on my mapping!! With this new pup - I REALLY need to get that done because he can do a number on my tags in a heartbeat. :(

Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

Yes, Catching up would be a good idea and help you out alot Especially with a new pup, They just love to play in the garden and love those tags for some reason! Mine dogs older and he still gets into the beds sometimes!

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

I am behind on my mapping too. I always forget to update my maps when I plant a new one or remove a plant.

Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

I always try to keep up with it when moving/removing things around, Otherwise I know without a doubt I'll forget whats what. ( almost did that with the last ones I took out/planted in)

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

I try to keep my plants mapped out. But sometimes life gets in the way. Has led to a few noids. Every year I swear I will do better. We will see if this is the year.

Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

Know how you feel Taylordaylily, I say I'm going to do a lot of different plants and many times it doesn't get done... Maybe this year

Hey Genna here's the side by side photos of them. They do have a LOT of similarities but side by side you can really tell they aren't the same flower. If I hadn't had a Whimsical in my yard I would certainly have thought that was it. I have nothing on my list that looks like this one so I have no idea what it even might be. But I buy a lot of unknowns and I'm fine with that so I'll keep it. It is a cute little bloom and some of the smaller ones are the best bloomers. This one is obviously new so I'm gonna keep my eye on it and see how it develops

Whimsical is on the bottom in the first photo and on the left in the second one

This message was edited Jun 28, 2013 5:53 AM

Thumbnail by kjuddy Thumbnail by kjuddy
Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Yeah, much easier to see the differences side by side.

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Iris, Maybe this year we will both pull it off.

Kjuddy, I'm like you they don't have to have a name to be pretty and stay in my yard either. Whimsical is pretty but I like the noid better. I like the ruffling on the edge of the noid. Both are pretty!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.