Daylily Blooms June 21st

Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

Westbourne Good Ole Days
Spacecoast Starburst
Celebration Of angels
Spacecoast Cool Deal
Blueberry sundae

Thumbnail by IRIS Thumbnail by IRIS Thumbnail by IRIS Thumbnail by IRIS Thumbnail by IRIS
lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

You just got it going on. Beautiful

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Very nice!!!

Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

Hold Your Horses
Bali Watercolor
Smoky Mt. Autumn

Thumbnail by nanny_56 Thumbnail by nanny_56 Thumbnail by nanny_56
Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Love Bali Watercolor Nanny. Has that one got a nice tall scape??

Enterprise, AL(Zone 8b)

Is that Smoky Mt. Autumn bloom as stout as it looks. I love daylilies with nice thick sturdy blooms that hold up well.

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

I have it too and I think it is a decent flower that has good substance to it.

Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

LOL!! ~ Thanks Jim!
Thankyou Hemlady!

nanny_56, All beautys! ~ And that Smokey mountain Autumn looks Great!

Rio Rancho, NM(Zone 7b)

Beautiful blooms peoples...

nanny_56 Your Hold Your Horses looks TOTALLY different than mine.

HOLD YOUR HORSES

NIGHT EMBERS

HAWAIIAN NIGHTS

DENA MARIE

ADDIE BRANCH SMITH

Thumbnail by l2le Thumbnail by l2le Thumbnail by l2le Thumbnail by l2le Thumbnail by l2le
Rio Rancho, NM(Zone 7b)

I love posting my pictures of blooms, but I don't want to bore you all with the same daylily! Some blooms are just prettier than others. I got a nice picture today of PERSIAN MARKET that looks different then previous ones. DENA MARIE looks totally different today also, as it looks like it faded in the sun. ESSENCE OF ROYALTY looks like a different daylily! And VOLUSIAN PIRATE is just too pretty to not pass on. Same with CHESTNUT EYES & SILOAM DOUBLE CLASSIC.

Someone please tell me "proper etiquette"

Thumbnail by l2le Thumbnail by l2le Thumbnail by l2le Thumbnail by l2le Thumbnail by l2le
Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Iris, Nice group of blooms! I like them all!

Nanny 56, Nice blooms! I really like Hold your Horses and Bali Watercolor! Very nice.

I2le, Great blooms! I have Night Embers on my want list! I have Persian Market and really like it myself. I Never get bored with pictures of blooms post away. Love to look at them.
What do you mean by "proper etiquette"?

Hemlady, My Maryott's order came today! Very Happy! Thank You so much!

Beaverton, MI

Loving the blooms..... Waiting for blooms here still lots of scapes.
The neighbors surely think I am nuts scape hunting every day.....HAHAHAHAHAHA

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

You are welcome Taylordaylily!!! I knew you would like what they send, always nice plants.

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Kimbar, Hope your scapes open soon.

Hemlady, They sent 4 bonus plants. I only ordered 5 plants and most of those were BOGO deals. I ended up with 13 plants. I'm so happy had to place another order. Will worry about DH later!

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

LOL, LOL

Thanks

Bali Watercolor is listed as 35'' tal but mine is not even close to that.

Smoky MT. Autumn is a pretty sturdy.

l2le....I think you may not have Hold You Horses. Check out the Plant Files photos.

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/142953/

This message was edited Jun 22, 2013 3:46 PM

Rio Rancho, NM(Zone 7b)

Nanny - Yes, I believe it is Hold Your Horses, and it looks just like pictures on a web search. This one was sold to my daughter by Hardy's Daylilies in Litchfield CT and because my soil is so alkaline and the plant is somewhat shaded, I don't get the "straw yellow with dark maroon eye above yellow green throat " . At least that is what I was told.

Mine is more of a rusty tan color, but still has the dark maroon eye above the yellow green throat. My daughters looks different but her soil is quite acidic and has more of the colors on this forum. I agree though that it does not appear to have the crispate petals like the one on Tinkers.

Look at the one I posted on 6/20 of Hold Your Horses as it is a better picture. More true to it's color that shows in my yard. I am confused now, so if it is NOT Hold Your Horses, then what the heck is it???

This message was edited Jun 22, 2013 8:32 PM

This message was edited Jun 22, 2013 9:04 PM

I am certainly not an expert by any means.....and I know soil, temps and other factors do effect flower color. But that does seem quite a drastic difference. Sellers from time to time do make innocent mistakes or have mix ups.

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

I agree. I wouldn't think soil would totally change the color like that but then again who knows. Every picture of it I have seen it is yellow.

Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

taylordaylily, Thankyou!

Kimbar ..LOL to the above post about the neighbors!! ~ look forward to seeing the blooms, I'm sure it wont be long now!

Every picture I have seen of Hold Your Horses is yellow.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

LOL... at least I don't have neighbors close...........I am sure they are thankful since my yard is ALWAYS a work in progress!

Beautiful blooms everyone!

Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

gen2026, Your lucky you don't have close neighbors , Like you, And I'm sure Kimbar, Mines always a work in progress too, But, Like Kimbar, I have close neighbors and I'm sure they think I'm nuts when they see me looking for scapes, And taking continuous photos when I can lol.

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

I live on a corner so I only have one close neighbor and he is used to me taking pictures all of the time, lol.

Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

hemlady, your all set then! lol!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.