Its been a while since I've been here...

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

These are pictures of a new mini that I have just altered a tad. I am an avid Florida gardener who posted this message on the Florida forum, but thought someone here might like the ideas and have fun with them!

I've always been a huge admirer of Edward Leeskalnin...

The Coral Castle he built in the Homestead/Miami area between 1923-1951 is mystical, magical, and downright genious!
Yesterday evening I mixed up a batch of hypertufa and just cut, rolled, and threw out some pieces and parts of simple shapes and let them dry overnight...
...This afternoon I cleared out an old miniature garden that used to house a car junk yard and left the two Bonsai Rosemary trees established in it. Ireset it with the new parts. It is no Coral Castle by any stretch, but that is what inspired it,...and its fun! I want to work with this idea more in the future. It would be fun to build a complete actual replica in a large raised box.

Here are a few pics. It will get better with age I think, and a few more plantings in mini 'rock' planters around the sides with sedums...

The last picture is of the same miniature garden as looked this past Christmas and you can see the Rosemary trees still in place. Two completely different looks in the same little planter!

Read more: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1316928/#ixzz2WnJj5lAh

Thumbnail by DavidofDeLand Thumbnail by DavidofDeLand Thumbnail by DavidofDeLand Thumbnail by DavidofDeLand Thumbnail by DavidofDeLand
Prescott, AZ(Zone 7b)

I love your new mini pieces. I was just looking at some of my mini gardens and thinking I need to do some work on them. I'll post when I get them done.

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

David. I love your work!

Wiggins, MS(Zone 8b)

Great pics. I bet you could make an awesome stonehedge!

Prescott, AZ(Zone 7b)

I just got the gnome home cleaned up. The plants have really grown. There were some mushrooms growing in there last week but I missed taking a picture of them.
This is the pagoda garden, I think I need a little japanese gardener.
I love your cement mini's. I have to keep this in mind for my next creation.

Thumbnail by Domehomedee Thumbnail by Domehomedee
Wiggins, MS(Zone 8b)

Domehomedee I love the pagoda in the last pic. Both gardens are lovely.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.