We'er headed to the Biltmore!

Kure Beach, NC(Zone 9a)

Mu husband, two dogs and I are going to the Biltmore this afternoon to camp out for the weekend with the BMW motorcycle Riders Association, (William Cecil, the owner of the Biltmore is a member). We'll be staying in the field near where the stables are. Needless to say, we WILL be visiting the gardens and I WILL be posting pictures!
Barb

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

We'll be visiting our son in Asheville this weekend, let's both hope for good weather. You will love the greenhouses at the Biltmore but be sure to check out B. B. Barnes Garden Center while you are in the area.

Kure Beach, NC(Zone 9a)

We spent almost the whole time on the Biltmore grounds, so wouldn't have had time to visit B.B. Barnes, but I checked out the website and it looks amazing.
We were at the Biltmore for the same event in 2007 and the greenhouse and grounds were just as gorgeous as I remember.
I will post pictures once I download them. I'm SO inspired from the gardens!
Barb

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

Wasn't the weather up there fantastic? We never made it to B B Barnes either but we did discover another great nursery in nearby Weaverville, Reems Creek, which was loaded with cools plants.

We were celebrating two "big" birthdays and would have loved to have dinner at the Biltmore but we did not want to have to pay admission for 4 people just to eat there. We went to the Grove Park instead and it was excellent. The landscaping there was beautiful also.

Kure Beach, NC(Zone 9a)

The weather was certainly better than here in Wilmington. It rained on and off since last Friday a is supposed to continue for several days more.
We couldn't afford to eat at the restaurant either, so we made do with what we brought in from Inglees. ;)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.