Psidium guajava 'Tikal'

Minneapolis, MN(Zone 4b)

When is the fruit from this plant considered ripe? It smells fragrant but is still green and appears to be ripening to yellow.
Any info is appreciated and thank you in advance.

Ft Myers, FL(Zone 10a)

Hi Joyous,
I am very new posting in this forum, and still learning about guava (I do have) myself.
This afternoon, I found an interesting link. Perhaps if you wite them an email they may be able to further help?
http://www.sardinafarms.com/
Let me know what they say, I am going to order two more types to enhance budding. :)
Morning

Minneapolis, MN(Zone 4b)

Thank you TrumpetFlowerz . That guava plant has grown like crazy, has an incredible spread, & a good amount of fruit forming. I'm super excited and love how well this plant is growing in a container. Will check out the link in a bit and fire you a message.

Ft Myers, FL(Zone 10a)

I am having no luck (with the link) in responding to my email Joyous. So I ordered some seeds from EBay of a white Asian variety to go with my Pink Hong Kong tree I already have going. I have been reading that a lot of when the fruit is ripe depends on what cultivar it is. Some are ripe just before falling, others are ripe while still firm.
My Hong Kong Pink seems to taste best just before falling off the tree, and it is a large, yellow fruit with pink flesh. The fruit skin has some 'give' to it, but is not squishy. Hope that helps.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.