Richmond Area Daylily Society show on June 15, 2013

La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

We attended the RADS daylily show today. Had a great time. Was happy to win the best off scape bloom award with Christening Spirit. Here's a picture of it and a few of the design entires.

Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar
La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Best Double in the show was Topguns Molten Lava.
Best Unusual Form was Small World Hello Darling.
Youth award went to Small World Bird Watching.
Best mini was Eenie Fanfare.
Best seedling

Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar
Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Congratulation! Christening Spirit is very pretty! Looks like a nice show. Thank You for sharing.

South Lake Tahoe, CA(Zone 6a)

Congrats on all of your wins. Nice arrangements as well.

Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

I really like that Hello Darling.

How exciting to win off scape. I won best of show in the off scape seedling catagory with Call Me Carla. I was surprised at how excited I got about that. I dont have plant worthy of the scape competition, and not enough plants to want to sacrifice my scapes anyway. I love to just look and see what I might want, and how different the same flower can be from different gardens.

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Very nice!!! Congratulations!!!

La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Thanks Everyone! It was satisfying to have a winner after quite a bit of effort. Had to get up pretty early. Selected 24 flowers at a time when many weren't really fully open yet. Then almost a two hour drive to Richmond. We were supposed to get there at 8, but were lucky to make it by 9:20. We still had time to get them all properly labeled by the 10:30 deadline. Then I served as a judge's aid or clerk until one. The show was open to the public from one to four. As you might surmise, we slept well last night.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Don, What was the percentage of the buds poly on that seedling?

Lyle

La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

I don't have that info, Lyle. I do know that part of the reason the judges selected it was because of the polying, so I'm thinking they must have had an idea that it was fairly high. Sorry I can't tell you more.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Thanks Don! I was curious, I know it is getting more difficult to show seedlings.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.