Looking for Citrus tree seeds.

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

I am looking to add to my citrus plant collection. I wanted to reach out to my fellow DG friends before buying seeds online from unknown sources. I have veggie seeds many types, palm seeds many types & some banana seeds (have not had much success germinating them though) they are all rare varieties.

If you have seedlings or trees small enough to ship I can buy if priced right or trade some banana pups for them.

Thanks for read & hopefully some help,
Bill

Pawleys Island, SC

Bill, I have some mineola orange seedlings as well as some honey tangerines. Some of these I haven't even potted up yet, so they are still tiny. If you are interested, just let me know.
Ibartoo

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Still looking for seeds or seedlings or plants of citrus. Any type is fine.

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Still looking if anyone can help, I have a few seedlings from 1 member but still looking to grow more. I purchased some seeds online but they were dried out & not viable.

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

You should not, under any circumstances be sending or receiving any citrus across state borders or even counties because of Citrus Greening disease. South Carolina is one of the states where the disease is spreading fast. NC hasn't gotten it yet. Please don't be getting plants or cutting from any state where Citrus Greening is present!

http://www.saveourcitrus.org/index.php/citrus-greening

This message was edited Aug 10, 2013 2:19 PM

Edinboro, PA(Zone 5a)

I planted seeds from a lemon after using the fleshy part for gin and tonics. Experimented by putting all of the seeds in a 4 in pot, put the pot into a zip lock bag and placed in a south window....just checked yesterday and 2 are growing.....actually have their second set of leaves. I've done this with orange seeds too......I grow trees from apple seeds I eat, and cherries and peaches.......like my Dad, I just toss the pit etc into the ground and see what happens....remember to label where you toss them however. Figuring out what they are is not fun!

Virginia Beach, VA(Zone 7b)

I have Calamansi in a pot with fruit.

Jamestown, OH

Our local Lowe's nursery has marked its potted citrus trees down to $5 ea. from $25 ea. They have Lime and what they are calling Lemon. The Lemon is a cross of Lemon, Orange, and Mandarin Orange. I purchased 2 of these and am thinking about buying a few more to winter over in our heated barn. I did see unripe fruit that had formed on some.

Camilla, GA(Zone 8a)

I have started seeds from bought fruits.. Have often sprouted orange, lemon, grapefruit and kumquat easily & cheap.. It does take time to get trees, but they make pretty plants and will bloom fairly young.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.