Some pics of my cottage garden in the works

Burke, VA

First time posting pictures of my beds. I've been working on my version of a cottage garden. Open for comments on any suggestions!

First is the entrance to the garden
Next is starting to talk down the path
Third is down the path heading towards the share gardens (not pictured)
Final is a small bed in the front of the house.

Thumbnail by happydadto5 Thumbnail by happydadto5 Thumbnail by happydadto5 Thumbnail by happydadto5
Stamford, CT(Zone 6b)

Happy, you've done admirably! Absolutely! The epitome of cottage gardens and so inviting.

Marcia

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

Very nice Happy... I think adding a little "something" in the way of garden art tucked between some plants would be a nice addition. A low gazing ball, cement bunny... something you can't see until you almost on top of it would be a nice finishing touch. I LOVE your path!!! I want one so badly but anything not perfectly smooth is a hazard to my husband. On the other hand, I can't remember the last time my husband set foot in the back yard, guess the next house will have a path!!! (This one is going up for sale soon)

Pasco, WA(Zone 6b)

Very, very nice job! I love the path and your gate is awesome. Love all the tall trees and shrubs in your landscape. Very pretty setting. Nice job!
Sherry

Happy, do you have other garden area pics to share? I'd love to see them.

Burke, VA

OK. Here's the last major bed and the only shade garden.

Thumbnail by happydadto5

really nice!

Holly Ridge, NC(Zone 8a)

Love it! Nice work.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Oh yeah, the flagstones are awesome. :)

Holly Ridge, NC(Zone 8a)

I've been trying to get my hands on some flagstones or some recyled stones from an old building or cobblestone street but it seems everyone loves the rocks they are trying to get rid of since the prices are through the roof.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Mike, you're not afraid of dumpster diving are you? ;)

Holly Ridge, NC(Zone 8a)

I'm selective in my dumpsters....

Stamford, CT(Zone 6b)

Mike, you can get synthetic flagstones that are about $4-5 a pop. They don't look so great when new, but when pressed into the soil, they will work and are very lightweight. They are not perfectly squared off/rectangular, but all have the same shape. I use them as stepping stones in the garden between plants, and they work out as well as the flagstones because they have a little height. In three years only one has broken, and it is slightly cracked, just like me.
Marcia

Newnan, GA(Zone 7b)

The gardens are beautiful but I'm most impressed with the work you put into those gorgeous pathways. They are stunning. Good job!

Burke, VA

Thanks. I put down the path myself. Lots of work but well worth it.

Happy, got an new pictures to share? I miss seeing your posts of your beautiful garden.

Staten Island, NY(Zone 6a)

Hi Happy, love those beautiful gardens and walkways.Last year hubby, my daughters fiance and myself made a brick patio at the side of the house and I have to make a walk way towards the backyard.Loves the way yours look and it gives me an idea how to make mine.

Thumbnail by cytf Thumbnail by cytf

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.