What's blooming today? June 12, 2013

La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Jacki Kropf, Awesome Blossom, Small World Tropical Treat, Country French and Femme Fatale

Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar
La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Topguns Fireball is usually a double, but the first bloom didn't make it.
Topguns Double Eyeful, Scrambled Legs, Winged Migration, Morpho's Dance

Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar
La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

This is an unusual Art Imperial. Note the stippling or speckling.
Sacred Drummer, Scrambled Legs,Siloam Double Classic, and Wyoming Wildfire

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Very nice!!!

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Great Blooms! I like the stippling on Art Imperial ! Thanks for sharing!

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

All beautiful!

(karen) Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Karen Sue
Mambo Maid
Marti's Carpenter
Hybrid Orient x Red Tears
Sweeter Music

Thumbnail by kjuddy Thumbnail by kjuddy Thumbnail by kjuddy Thumbnail by kjuddy Thumbnail by kjuddy

Mary Todd
Siloam June Bug
Two Part Harmony

Thumbnail by kjuddy Thumbnail by kjuddy Thumbnail by kjuddy
Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Nice Karen! I see you finally got blooms!!

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Great blooms! Thank you for sharing! I have scapes, still waiting on the blooms!

Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

Great blooms all, Thanks for sharring! I like the hybrid -Hybrid Orient x Red Tears.

Yep Genna it seemed to take forever but now there are new ones almost every day. I counted a couple of weeks ago and I had 29 different clumps with scapes at that moment I'm sure there are even more now.

My husband and I were in the pool looking down on a daylily (Marti's carpenter) the other day and he said boy that flower is going to be gorgeous when it blooms. Of course it was blooming and I told him it is blooming. He said well I mean when it REALLY blooms - he's certainly not into flowers but I explained the whole daylily blooms only last ONE day thing and he was just blown away. He said well that is crazy couldn't they just at least last 2-3 days. Finally I said WAYNE these are plants you can't negotiate it this it is the way it works. I could tell he just could not believe and he has said something about it a couple of times since then. Pretty funny:)

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

LOL..... that is funny! My husband was shocked when he learned the bloom only lasted one day as well......... my son, 20, texted his gf a bunch of pictures of my DLs last weekend because she wasn't feeling well. He "explained" to her they were DLs and the blooms she was seeing would only last one day. He got a kick out of explaining it to someone else! ^_^

I have one blooming that is labeled Fairy Tale Pink that I got from you from one of the RUs - this is the first year it has bloomed for me....but I seem to recall you saying it was mislabeled, but I didn't get my label changed. Do you remember what it is?

Thanks!
Genna

well it came from Gilbert Wild and that's what is was supposed to be Butterfly Chaser said it wasn't but I'm not sure - mine isn't blooming yet but if you post a picture maybe someone on here will be able to tell.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Oh ok.... I couldn't remember what all the hoopla was - just remembered the discussion on the thread. I will try to get a picture , or check the ones I have already taken. Thanks!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.