June Blooms !

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Continuing where Lyle left off in May.
First two is Waxen splendor. Planted this spring from FL.
Blackeyed Stella
Buddy's Wild And Wonderful - Another FL transplant.
She followed me around yesterday because I made her babies scattered when I watered a area where they were. I tried helping her round them up but she was not having it. LOL!

Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Mike - very nice group of blooms..

My garden is past peak and on the downhill from this point on.

Some June blooms.
SPANISH FIESTA, COSMIC ODYSSEY, BAJA CALIFORNIA, SHERRY CANDY, SINISTER MINISTER

Thumbnail by Lyle627 Thumbnail by Lyle627 Thumbnail by Lyle627 Thumbnail by Lyle627 Thumbnail by Lyle627
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

SIGNATURE TRUFFLE, SCOTT BENNETT, CINDY'S TIE DYE, I REMEBER YOU, THE ONE AND ONLY

Thumbnail by Lyle627 Thumbnail by Lyle627 Thumbnail by Lyle627 Thumbnail by Lyle627 Thumbnail by Lyle627
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

DEFYING SERENITY, LARRY ALLEN MILLER, DESERT ANGEL, TEXAS BLUE EYES, Sdlg - DUTCH YELLOW TRUFFLE X BARRY GOLDWATER

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

LINDA SIERRA, BANDIT BAY, ORANGE CITY, RED FRIDAY, LADY DUCK

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

SHARP SHOOTER, ANSWERING ANGELS, SUPERSTITION SPRINGS, BRIDEY GREESON,BLUEGRASS MEMORIES

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

SPACECOAST LITTLE BIG MAN,GREEN REVOLUTION,BRIAR PATCH,PINEAPPLE MOON, COSMIC TRAVELER

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Lyle, from the quality of your blooms I am inclined to think otherwise. LOL!

Beaverton, MI

Lyle those purples you have are beautiful. Mike I love that waxen splendor.

La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Here's a few more early ones in Mayland. Early Fragrance, The Band Played On, Maylasian Marketplace, Blueberry Lemonade, and Virginia Little Henson

Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar
La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Also there's Spanish Saga, Cherry Valentine, Helix, Wee Willie Wonka, and Cute as a Button. As you can see, I'm fond of the minis. The last two are really small.

Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar
La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

The last two today are Rhapsody in Blue and Masked Ball.

Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar
Rio Rancho, NM(Zone 7b)

Beautiful blooms everyone.

Lyle what do you use in your soil to get that perfect PH to get that purple color?

I do have better color this year as I added some encap Sulphur, but still have a way to go.

Today's blooms are
Schnickel Fritz
Wine Delight
Royal Eventide
Oxymoron (2nd year blooming and a much better color)
Siloam Double Classic (almost doubled)

Thumbnail by l2le Thumbnail by l2le Thumbnail by l2le Thumbnail by l2le Thumbnail by l2le
Rio Rancho, NM(Zone 7b)

AND.....This one is Snow Shadows. The second one has a little bee in the middle rolling around in the pollen. They are so funny when they do that. (I'm scared to death of bees too, but I enjoy watching them "gather"

Thumbnail by l2le Thumbnail by l2le
Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Nice blooms Don and 12le.

Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

Beautiful blooms all! Mike, Love that Waxen splendor! And enjoyed the short story of mamma bunny!

Lyle627, Love COSMIC ODYSSEY and I REMEBER YOU

gingerjar, Love Maylasian Marketplace and spanish saga .. I like a little of the little ones too though I doon't have many, They always seem extra detailed!

12le, Really like your Oxymoron!

La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

I'm afraid this thread will get too long if we try to put all of June's blooms on it. What we have done other years is put one day's bloom on one thread. Just a suggestion! I'll start one for June 11. then anyone can do it tomorrow for June 12. Whay do you think?

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

l2le - Nice blooms, as for my soil I use lots of mulch, my fertilizer is Nutricote 18-6-8 with minors, I also use Milorganite, alfalfa pellets, and water the most important thing when growing daylilies.

IRIS, both daylilies grow well for me.

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Don, you have a good point there.

Pawleys Island, SC

This one bloomed for the first time for me on Monday. I think it is Clothed In Glory.

Thumbnail by ibartoo
Rio Rancho, NM(Zone 7b)

Thanks for the info Lyle. I use the same as you, but I've been adding some encap Sulphur to try to get the PH down some so I can get better purples. So far, I have got better color. Oxymoron is a good example. I have Mean as a Snake and Jazz after 5 that I would really like to be a true purple like you have.

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Stella D'Oro
Ponkan Orange
Quartz Rainbow
Dragon Knife
Going Bananas

Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB
Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Dr Jerrold Corbett @ 8pm
Dr Jerrold Corbett @ 6am
Ponkan Orange - a closer look
Lemon Lily

Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB
Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Nice Blooms! Have been busy with my gardens and missed this thread.

Lyle, Your blooms are beautiful! I wish my garden looked that good wrapping up. I have to work on my late bloomers. My fall show is mostly natives to feed my critters and birds in winter. I added 4 or 5 late bloomers this year.

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

I am not able to post on a daily basis. it would be too much to seek out the daily posts going backward to post pics.
Breath Of Fresh Air
Stella's Sparky....very photogenic!
Going Bananas
Ponkan Orange
Moonlit Masquerade

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Nice Blooms Mike. I like Breath of Fresh Air. That will have to go on the wish list.

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Quartz Rainbow
Isolde

Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

I am just watching , beautiful flowers folks ,,

Pawleys Island, SC

I love them all! does anyone know how well the northern daylilies do in the southern environment? I am not sure if the dormant varieties would get enough cold here.

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Mike, They are both nice!

Ibbartoo, Sorry I have no idea which dormant's do well in the south. I'm sure somebody can help you out on that one.

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Depends on the dormant. Same as evergreens in the north, some do well and some don't. A lot of the newer dormants have been crossed with evergreens so they may be alright. There just is no way to tell unless you try them.

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Wow! Everyone's blooms are gorgeous! Hard to pick a favorite. Ones I that catch my eye the most are: SHERRY CANDY, WAXEN SPLENDOR, COSMIC ODYSSEY, TEXAS BLUE EYES, ORANGE CITY, BLUEGRASS MEMORIES, SPACECOAST LITTLE BIG MAN, BRIAR PATCH, THE BAND PLAYED ON, HELIX and DRAGON KNIFE.

They're all gorgeous as far as I'm concerned.

Karen

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

RAINBOW MAKER, ASIATIC LILY, SEEDLING (MEMORIES OF OZ X LIGHTHOUSE SATIN SLIPPER X SKINWALKER), LAUGHING CLOWN

Thumbnail by hemlady Thumbnail by hemlady Thumbnail by hemlady Thumbnail by hemlady
Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Hemlady, Great group of blooms! Not a bad one in the bunch. Love your seedling! Very pretty color and love the throat.

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Thanks Taylordaylily!!!

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

They're all beautiful hemlady!

Karen

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

I agree. Very nice seedling!! And that Laughing Clown looks like he would steal the show...........

I am still waiting for my Clothed in Glory to bloom - it was just planted last fall and not sure it is going to bloom this year. i need to check again for scrapes.

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Thanks Karen and Gen!!!

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Cindy, nice blooms you have there.

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Thanks Mike!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.