Brushwood sale

Swainsboro, GA(Zone 8b)

Brushwood is having a sale - 33% off all their clematis plants.

Athens, PA

Temptation reigns! I will have to take a look. Thanks.

Swainsboro, GA(Zone 8b)

Although I am running out of places to add more clematis, I still couldn't resist and bought three.

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

I hope I don't look! I have too many plants that have to get in the ground and not enough time (same old, same old).

Edited to thank you for the notice!

This message was edited Jun 8, 2013 8:27 PM

Athens, PA

PT - I have run out of room as well, however when it comes to clematis - I cannot help myself.

Arlene - I have things to plant as well. Not quite as many as you have ^_^

Owosso, MI(Zone 5b)

I'm wondering if I went to the wrong site because I googled Brushwood and went to their site and it had 33 percent off but it was on select Clematis only.
So I only saw some of their Clematis on sale.
Jan

Here's a link to Brushwood: http://www.gardenvines.com/shop/search/results.html?search_in_description=1&ignore_special_flag=1&keyword=clematis&inc_subcat=0&page=1&sort=3a

Just as with any sale at any store - not every clematis is on sale. There are so many that it's not an issue for most of us. Some of us already have a list of the ones we'd like to add to our gardens.

Swainsboro, GA(Zone 8b)

I believe that the ones that are on sale are the plants that are still in stock. The ones showing the regular price are not currently available. Those do not have a Buy Now link under the price.

Athens, PA

I looked and although there are a couple that are on my 'want' list - the integrifolias are not on sale. Perhaps next time.

Owosso, MI(Zone 5b)

Thanks for that info I wondered if I had the right site or not and it does make sense.

Athens, PA

Jan

www.gardenvines.com

Oklahoma City, OK(Zone 7a)

Thank God, nothing to tempt me, or at least not enough to overcome my willpower. :-)

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Can anyone suggest a smallish vine--maybe no more than 5'--that would do well in
part shade?
It would get some Am sun for a couple of hours--but the rest of the day it would be shady.
This location is in front of my shed which faces NE.

Have pot there--have trellis--need a plant. For now--I stuck an already growing (5" or so)
Hyacinth bean Vine there. I think there is a MG sprouted there as well...
No biggie--I just need 'something" there.....Something very reasonable--don't want to spend $$ on it.

In the pic.--see that little, white trellis in front of the shed? There!

Thanks, Gita

Thumbnail by Gitagal

Nelly Moser to the rescue! She loves morning sun and shade for the afternoon. Give it a try, Gita, and see how you like it.

She covers a 3' stump here but would grow taller with more support.

Thumbnail by pirl
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Thanks, Pirl.

Not sure I want a Clematis there.....I already have 4.
My little Estonian Clematis "Piilu" grows in part shade as well.
Right now--it is in a pot on the inside of my patio roof support.
A wonderful, prolific bloomer....and pretty too....

Brushwood carries it--not sure if it is included in the sale....
It almost looks like a smaller version of the "Nelly Moser". same coloration....

Gita

Thumbnail by Gitagal Thumbnail by Gitagal

Beautiful, Gita! Piilu is similar but a smaller flower and the bars seem darker to me. My Piilu is also in more shade than sun.

I've had Hyacinth Bean and it does grow fast so that should be ideal for the trellis you have waiting for it.

Thumbnail by pirl

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.