Has your dog ever had lenticular sclerosis??????

Our black lab mix, Roscoe, has been diagnosed with this. It is an "old age" condition found only in canines. Not felines or humans. It is a thickening of the lens and his eyes have a blue cast to them. There is no treatment. In other words, if he were human, he would have to have reading glasses. Roscoe is 11 years old. My concern is that sometimes he cannot see. The vet (and every article I've read) says this condition does not cause blindness but sometimes I am sure he cannot see. He does not have cataracts. He was checked for this. Of course we won't change the furniture around and he is always on a lead or run when he's outside but it still breaks my heart. Otherwise he is very happy and healthy. Just wondering if anyone else has ever had a dog diagnosed with this...thanks, vic

This thread has 4 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!