CLOSED: OLD, NEW, BORROWED, BLUE REVEAL AND CHAT

(Joy) Hempstead, TX(Zone 8b)

This is where we show off our prizes from the swap. We have a great group of folks and it will be very exciting.

We came from here:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1311874/

Our participants

ahoogstra (Alicia) received from Joy
Jokenna (Tina) received from Nancy
Lanakila received from Judy
NF2932 (Nancy) received from Crystal
happgarden (Joyce) received from Lanakila
scbuttercup (Judy) received from Betty
rose318 (Patti) received from Carole
Taters55 (LK) received from Alicia
GardenQuail (Michelle) received from LK
Goober_Fairy received from Susie
Cville_Gardener (Carole) received from Joyce
Mud Elf (Kris) received from Patti
goldhillal (Crystal) received from Goober
rouxcrew (Joy) received from Tina
Bettypauze (Betty) received from Michelle
FruitoftheVine (Susie)

This message was edited Jul 14, 2013 6:29 PM

Thumbnail by rouxcrew
Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Here. I was just working on my box ... trying to decide between a couple of things for my buddy. But I've almost got it all together. :)

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Gotta get a few more things for my box too, it should go out in a few days!

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

Elfie, tried to return your call, but no answer. What mess on your arms and hands???

Mountain View, CA(Zone 9b)

Hi, all.
Got my name :)
Edited to say that I'll get some ideas posted for my buddy soon. Need some sleep now :)
Michelle

This message was edited Jun 8, 2013 3:00 AM

Cutlerville, MI

My box is on it's way!!!!!! So excited to see what my buddy thinks:)

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

^_^ You're enthusiastic about this too, Alicia. I'm mailing my box this morning. :) This really is an interesting swap.

Michelle, I was talking with Kris, and she thinks she has poison Ivy or something like that on her arm, she went to the Dr. for a shot, but it is not doing much, she said she was going back to the Dr. Monday!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

My box is off to its destination and should be there Monday according to the post office.

Mountain View, CA(Zone 9b)

Wow, some of the boxes sure went out quickly :)
I've got a few ideas wandering around in my mind for my buddy. Need to think a bit more... and figure out if I can really send one of the items I was planning to include. It doesn't fit in the box I was thinking of using, so I need to see if I can find an appropriate box.
Michelle

Kris has the fairy, gnome swap open, come and check it out!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1317350/

Cutlerville, MI

You Go CVille:) This is Such a COOL swap! I love the creativity of gardeners!

Wow.. Really, I am still thimking about mine.

Smiths, AL

I'm here, I added my ideas for my swap buddy.

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

Hi there Goober_Fairy....glad to see you are joining us. Enjoy being out of school? When I was in scool I loved getting out at first but then started missing my friends... ;)

Got my name but not quite ready yet....

Goober and I just finished shopping for our stuff. Found everything our buddies wanted. Only need 2 more things. That would be our new items. And then we will be done!!!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

It's so great that Goober gets to participate in some of the swaps. I like that. And I know she does too. :)

Yeah... Goober loves any opportunity that lets her shop. She scored 4 dresses today at the local thrift store for $1.00 each!!! Lol.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Wow ... way to go, Goober! Luv those thrift stores myself!

I will get pictures of them on her when she gets home from church.

Victoria Harbour, ON

My package is now in the hands of the postal service..

Just to let you know... I dreamed last night over and over:
Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blie....sigh. I cannot get it out of my head!!!!! In each dream there were different items for each word. I am exausted from working all night on virtual boxes!!!!!! Lol

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

Heehee. I hate it when that happens.
I am no better I have been crazy since I got back from California because of computer/camera troubles. I am afraid all my pictures are gone. Hiram thinks he can get them back, but anyway it is weird to be worried over some electrons that got outta place. What does it REALLY matter?

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Oh, that's too funny, Kris.

I can't tell from what the tracking says whether mine will be delivered today or tomorrow. It's in its destination city, but it doesn't say "out for delivery". Anyway, it's close - so someone should receive their box today or tomorrow. :)

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

OK, it still says expected delivery is today. So someone should (maybe) receive their box later today. Maybe. ^_^

Holly Springs, NC(Zone 7b)

The box should have just FOUR things in it, right? It just looks so empty....

Just 4 items, but some will put like a pair of something, like a pair of blue bottles... Or a pair of old knitting needles...

Alicia, I am prud to say I got my box of goodies today! Thanks so much for all you sent.

A beautiful plate with matching cup, very beautiful rose pattern
A wind chime, that sounds so nice in the wind
Recipes printed and put together on the wonderful cards!
A blue humming bird feeder, that goes in the window!

Thanks again for all the goodies, I love all you sent!

Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55
Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Yay! Nice job, Alicia!

According to the tracking, my box arrived at it's destination this afternoon. Do I sound like an old mother hen? lol. Always so relieved when they have arrived.

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

You already got your Box? I just got my address today! you people are rolling!!!

Cutlerville, MI

So glad you got it Taters! I am Happy, Happy Happy, you liked everything:)

(Joy) Hempstead, TX(Zone 8b)

WooHoo! Super box to start the swap. I have three of my things locked in but I keep changing my mind on the fourth.
And it needs to be four. But sets can count as one.

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

Would anyone like some love-in-a-mist pods for wreath making or other crafts? I just pulled mine up and have oodles. I will dry them and then send. Please let me know if you think you want some.

I am posting this on all my watched threads in hopes of interesting some.

Victoria Harbour, ON

LindaKay, bet you will be cooking up a storm, creativity was certainly used to display them..

Windchime likely hung?? Am I right

Your buddy was indeed on the ball, gee whiz just days after getting your name

Wonder who will get theirs Tomorrow? Post office clerk told me 7-10 days, guess those custom agents have to ohh and ahh before sending it on

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I received a wonderful box from Carole today. Old is a handmade, beautiful dresser scarf. Which is now on my dresser. New is a awesome concrete and stain glass celtic cross. Borrowed is a great recipe book from several other cultures. I love to cook, and always looking for new recipes. Blue is faux rag balls decoration,and with a blue tote bag. I have the rag balls displayed on my large coffee table. I just love everything. My husband was sitting with me when I opened the box ,and he said. You made out pretty darn good honey. I sure did . I am blessed. Carole, You just made my day. Thank you.

You know ladies we are truly blessed to come together here and share with each other. The greatest gifts in life is to love ,and to share our friendship. We have both here in Dave's Garden. I always appreciate all you ladies. Thank you.
Patti

This message was edited Jun 10, 2013 9:28 PM

Thumbnail by rose318

Nice box of goodies Patti!

Betty, I have the windchime hung outside! It sure sounds pretty!

Really love the rag balls. How unique.

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Thanks Linda and Kris. I love creative handcrafts.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

I'm so happy you like everything, Patti. I really enjoyed putting the box together for you and hoped to be on target with your likes/preferences. This is my first time to participate in this particular swap. It's a lot of fun, isn't it. A local couple hand makes the crosses in various styles. I found it at our local Farmers' Market - had to get a similar one for myself. Ah, the temptations of putting together swap boxes. lol. ^_^

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

P.S. The 3 rag balls are a set so they count as one item, right? And I had them in the bag so that was one item all together lest anyone think I sent too many items. Right again. :) I'm so agreeable with myself today but it's very early in the morning yet.

You're right, Patti, we are all truly blessed.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.