Happy Hooligan . . . [LOVE IT]

Jacksonville, TX(Zone 8a)

A Great Daylily

Thumbnail by EmmaGrace Thumbnail by EmmaGrace Thumbnail by EmmaGrace
Fleming Island, FL(Zone 9a)

That is indeed pretty. Love the "ruffles"!!!!!

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Emmagrace, that's a nice one. How is your Morning glories doing this year? Mike

Thank you Qeilter and HazelCrestMikeB

Morning Glories are coming along. I am behind planting this year due to the strange weather, but most are up and going. Thanks Mike
Emma

Pawleys Island, SC

That is a pretty daylily. I don't think I have seen one like it before.

Thanks ibartoo

I love it.

Bowling Green, KY(Zone 6a)

Really gorgeous!

Thank you greykoala

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Very lovely!!!

Thank you hemlady . . .

Here is today's bloom

Thumbnail by EmmaGrace
Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Love all the stippling in the bloom. Doubles are growing on me more and more. I only have about 10 or 12 but sure would like more.

Me too, hemlady. But, when I saw this DL, I just HAD to have it.
I am new to planting DLs over the last 3-years and just last year bought quite a few. Now, I am learning what I really like from these purchases.

I got the Happy Hooligan from Johnson DL who has VERY reasonable prices and sends nice large fans

Link, Sweden(Zone 5b)

Hi Emma, my Dear Friend, I only have this Daylily in my garden. But like it it's shine like the sun.
Today I subscribe again, I miss it.
Cherio
Sylvia

Thumbnail by hobbyodlaren
Rio Rancho, NM(Zone 7b)

EmmaGrace I LOVE that Happy Hooligan. What a gorgeous bloom! I'm already looking to see if I can plant one somewhere. I'm out of room now, and still want more and more and more.....LOL

Pawleys Island, SC

I ended up buy 3 new ones yesterday, knowing I need to move some that are now in too much shade and I don't have any clue where to plant them, but I got Erin Lea, Peach Jam and Round midnight. I will post pics later on. They were too gorgeous not to add to the mix.

Thank you l2le, Happy Hooligan is a sure one to get.

Hi Sylvia,
Your Daylily is beautiful. Can you leave your DL plants in the ground in Sweden?

Emma

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

ibartoo, you are going to like RM. It start blooming a few weeks after its pollen parent...Strutter's Ball.
RM & SB clump

Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB
Pawleys Island, SC

Mike You are right, Round Midnight is gorgeous. All 3 of the newbies are blooming today! Can we say " happy dance"? LOL

Here are : Round Midnight, Erin Lea and Peach Jam.

Have a great day everyone, It's off to work for me.

Thumbnail by ibartoo Thumbnail by ibartoo Thumbnail by ibartoo
Rio Rancho, NM(Zone 7b)

Amazing the difference in the color of Round Midnight between South Carolina and Illinois!

Mike, my Strutters Ball is loaded with buds, but is in a spot that is a little bit shaded so hasn't bloomed yet. Your's are gorgeous!

Linda

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Linda, you are aware that both pics are from last year. The date is at the lower right. Mine have scapes right now.

Rio Rancho, NM(Zone 7b)

Sorry Mike, I didn't look at the zoomed picture, just on this forum. So no, I didn't see the dates.

I have Strutter's Ball that is loaded but not bloomed yet. You have to admit that Round Midnight is a gorgeous color in South Carolina.

Linda

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

I'm like you, Linda, I want HAPPY HOOLIGAN, even though I have tons already! That one is so spectacular, though. Great form, and I love the stippling. I have a weakness for stippled ones. I looked it up on Tinker's, and apparently it is not fertile. Not sure, but no kids have been registered if it is. It was registered in '92, so you would think by now there would be kids registered if it was fertile and had produced anything worthwhile.

I have gotten very few daylilies this year, but have spent a lot on other perennials and some annuals for planters. I still have lots of daylilies to plant from other years. There are a lot I got about 3 years ago that are still in pots. Ugh! I'm gradually getting rid of old ones I no longer want. Been dividing up the clumps and potting them all up to sell.

Mike, your pics of RM and SB are gorgeous! I have SB, and just love it. Will probably always grow that one.

Karen

Pawleys Island, SC

Okay, I have to fess up! I just got that Round Midnight. So it isn't planted yet. I don't know what it is growing in. It is still in the black pot waiting patiently for me to find time to put it in the garden. I do know that I have unbelievably sandy soil. It can rain for days and my yard won't puddle. I have spent tons of money trying to build up my soil and it filters through and the sand rises to the top. Somewhere on the other side of the earth, someone has some really great soil. I don't buy mulch. I have 10-15 live oak trees in my yard so I use the leaves for mulch and I know they do add a lot of tanic acid to the soil.
All of a sudden I seem to have gotten very behind and I am having a hard time catching up these past couple of weeks. This spring heaven help me, my money has gone into orchids, daylilies, ( even though I am not finished planting all of them from last year) and succulents. I have to quit now.............. LOL yeah right. I was at a nursery after work today checking out the daylily and ground cover sedum they had. Came in just in time to see Final Touch bloom today.

Thumbnail by ibartoo
Link, Sweden(Zone 5b)

Yes Emma, I can leave the daylilies in the ground the survive the winter here in Sweden. Do you get seeds on you sweet double one?

Hi Sylvia,
I don't know yet. This is the first year I have grown it. I will LYK if I do

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Ibartoo, I have a whole bunch of daylilies in pots from about 3 years ago that are still waiting for their permanent home in my gardens, so don't feel so bad. Just haven't found the right spots for them, and this time of year all my time is consumed with watering all my containers and weeding. Very little time for digging, etc. That will come after the bloom season starts winding down. September and October are good for planting here. It can be done in the summer, but where's the time to do it? Plus they get stressed more when the weather's hot.

Karen

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.