Diarrhea in Cat

Loudonville , OH(Zone 5b)

One of my neutered male cats has been having problems with diarrhea. I have fed them Chicken Soup for the Cat Lover's Soul and never had any problems. About 6 weeks ago I forgot to order my cat food so I ended up getting a small bag of inexpensive food (I order my cat food on line because there are no stores for 20 miles to get good quality pet food) No problems. Then about 2 weeks after going back on their regular food one of the boys started having liquid stools. He goes to the box then has a projectile liquid fart just before he gets in the box. My vet checked his stool - all clear. I gave him medication for 5 days that tasted horrible but finally stopped the runs on the last day. He was good for about a week but started having random squirts. I am now wondering if he could have developed a food allergy even though he is eating the same food he has had for several years. He hasn't lost any weight and is normal otherwise.

This thread has 17 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!