SPRING 2013 #3

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

We were here
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1311354/

Thumbnail by ge1836
Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

A few of my favorite peonies. Misaka, raspberry twist, coral charm, Bride's Deam, I think, White Innocence,

Thumbnail by RosemaryK Thumbnail by RosemaryK Thumbnail by RosemaryK Thumbnail by RosemaryK Thumbnail by RosemaryK
Mount Bethel, PA(Zone 6a)

Just needed to say that that Misaka is BEAUTIFUL!!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

WOW! I'll say!

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Why thank you! It is a renamed Chinese ITOH cultivar, distributed to nurseries by Monrovia.

Thomaston, CT

Very pretty! Love Raspberry Twist as well. Pixie, I have the same noid iris...it's an old non-hybrid.

South Hamilton, MA

I don't know 'Platinum'. beard color? Your white does look like Immortality. yellow beards. When established well it should rebloom in the late summer or fall, even in our climate.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

OOooo I love Coral Charm!

Peonies...on my want list

Thomaston, CT

My Coral Charm is just opening.....here it is with iris & verbascum.....

Thumbnail by ROBINDOG Thumbnail by ROBINDOG Thumbnail by ROBINDOG Thumbnail by ROBINDOG Thumbnail by ROBINDOG
Thomaston, CT

And roses Easy Does It, Honey Perfume, Night Owl, Fourth of July, and what I believe is Morden Blush......

Thumbnail by ROBINDOG Thumbnail by ROBINDOG Thumbnail by ROBINDOG Thumbnail by ROBINDOG Thumbnail by ROBINDOG
South Hamilton, MA

very colorful

Norridgewock, ME(Zone 5a)

Bill, the Tom Thumb is in afternoon shade. I took your warning about the sun to heart last year and used a light row cover fabric to protect it from the sun. It appeared to work as it looks very healthy this year. I'm hoping I won't need the row cover anymore now that it is established.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

I am loving all the peonies!! DD just bought me one for Mother's Day and it was "CORAL" something. I'm WICKED excited now!!!!

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Celeste, I also have coral magic, and pink Hawaiian coral, and coral sunset is also popular. I am most successful with the coral charm, but I'm sure you won't go wrong with any coral peony.

Robin's lovely Coral Charm is deeper colored than mine, which is much more pastel toned. The verbascum pic makes me glad I am planting some this year.

This message was edited Jun 4, 2013 8:17 PM

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Would you enjoy a few more pics? I am enthralled by the variety of blooms on peonies. Mrs. FDR, Roland, Lavender,Whopper, Eden's Temptation

This message was edited Jun 4, 2013 8:12 PM

This message was edited Jun 9, 2013 8:49 AM

Thumbnail by RosemaryK Thumbnail by RosemaryK Thumbnail by RosemaryK Thumbnail by RosemaryK Thumbnail by RosemaryK
Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

M. Jules Elie, Festiva Maxima, Pink, I think is Emile Debatene, Lotus Queen, Nancy Nora

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Lovin the peonies and roses!!

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

happy for you wynne that tommy is doing well for you - maybe I will go for a third chance - I really like it - I do have two other yellow low growers similar.

rosemary your peony are beautiful! I picked a bunch here for my better half - they are a noid to me, pink with yellow center similar to clown and paula fay which we also have - I have a few of those coral (coral charm and royal Hawaiian) ones too that I got from co-ops a couple years back and they have been throwing up buds galore!

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

I'm sure Cindy appreciated the pretty blooms.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Loving all the peonies

First Lily!!!! Forever Susan
Trollius
Astilbe
These Sibs have been in this rubbermaid container since last fall

Thumbnail by flowAjen Thumbnail by flowAjen Thumbnail by flowAjen Thumbnail by flowAjen
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Lovely peonies Rosemary!
Jen I can't believe you have a lily!!! Very nice, thats one of the newer asiatics.

New for me this year are # 1 & 2

#1 'MILLENNIUM FALCON'

#2 'OASIS CATHY'

# 3 'SCREENPLAY'

#4 Azalea 'MANDRIN LIGHTS'

#5 'Sans Souci' (Van Houtte, 1854) or HONORABILE, (1840)
I've read so much literature about these 2...it's hard to tell them apart. I read that they are one in the same given 2 different names. I also read that they were crossed for genetic reasons as they are one of the oldest and hardest. I'm no expert so I really am not sure. This is approx. 18" tall and blooms after my MDB & SDB's , so my guess it's an IB? All I know is I have been caring for this plant since 1964...I was 4 when I helped Grandmother tend her gardens at camp every summer and she knew it wouldn't die so she gave me a piece. I planted it @ my parents and when I was pregnant for Josh i brought a piece out here. ^_^

Thumbnail by pixie62560 Thumbnail by pixie62560 Thumbnail by pixie62560 Thumbnail by pixie62560 Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

'Sunsprite'
Pink Lupines
My "WEEDS" ^_^
Supertunia 'Raspberry Blast'
False Solomon's Seal

Thumbnail by pixie62560 Thumbnail by pixie62560 Thumbnail by pixie62560 Thumbnail by pixie62560 Thumbnail by pixie62560
South Hamilton, MA

It has been classified as a MTB (miniature tall bearded iris) although the flower is a tad large for the modern ones, That can be true for many historics in the smaller classes. glad that you are enjoying it.

This message was edited Jun 5, 2013 7:32 AM

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

MTB, thats interesting, thank you for that info. I can see where it would be, it's very slender and dainty...but extremely hardy!!

South Hamilton, MA

I envy your lupins. We used to see them in Maine when driving our daughter to camp. I would grit my teeth as we have had such trouble growing them here.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

I wonder why? They grow on the coast here and along the roads like weeds...strange that they wouldn't like it in Mass. I've had others tell me they can't grow them either.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I'll be the next to say I cant grow them either.Cousin from Rockland sent tons of seeds.NOTHING yours are just stunninh Pixie

Thomaston, CT

Lupins don't grow for me, either...have tried many times. Love that azalea.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

No problem with them here

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

I had beautiful Lupines one year, but not since. The bunnies eat them. I have a few leaves from last years but no blooms. They are so pretty. My sister, who just started gardening last year, has beautiful ones.

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

I just noticed Celeste's Mandarin Lights Azalea--a stunner.

Lupines grow OK here but I am trying to replace the Russell hybrids with more native ones as soon as I can. Seeds didn't germinate for a few years, so an abandoned garden is the reason I have them.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

kills me seeing the mandarin lights .. that's the one the deer keep getting on me :(

Thomaston, CT

They have good taste! Tie a bar of soap on the azalea...that should keep them away....

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

need you to remind me when we are nuts with decorations.. to do that!!

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Love the lupines, can't get them to grow here either :(

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Hidden garden tour today
https://picasaweb.google.com/jerseyjenflower/AllentownGardenTour2013?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCMyboef_2v2f8AE&feat=directlink

Yes #7 is missing...weird parking situation so I skipped that house

let me know if for some reason the link doesn't work

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

so glad the weather was good for that garden tour today, met some really nice people(of course not many gardeners I don't like) 1 lady makes fairy gardens...we talked for awhile

South Hamilton, MA

great fun!

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

What a treat to see lilies and dahlias.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Nice Jen!! I left a message under those orchids for you.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.