special Lima Bean

West Babylon, NY(Zone 7a)

Has "I Love You" on baby leaves!

Thumbnail by keithp2012
Richland, WA(Zone 7b)

Also has some bugs!

Enterprise, AL(Zone 8b)

I'll bet tender loving care will destroy the bugs, I don't think that message was meant for them.

The bugs will be gone I'm going to plant this in the ground soon.

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Gotta love the bugs otherwise we'd plant the garden and then what? Spend the summer watching TV?

Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

Keith, if it isn't planted, how did you germinate it? My SO decided to plant beans and went down and got a packet of seeds. It is kind of late, but not too. Was trying to figure out the fastest way to germinate them. Maybe Deno method? Or should they be soaked overnight? Or both? I hate to plant them the way they are out of the packet, they will take a couple weeks to get started.

Quote from Jnette :
Keith, if it isn't planted, how did you germinate it? My SO decided to plant beans and went down and got a packet of seeds. It is kind of late, but not too. Was trying to figure out the fastest way to germinate them. Maybe Deno method? Or should they be soaked overnight? Or both? I hate to plant them the way they are out of the packet, they will take a couple weeks to get started.

It's planted in a pot in pitting soil. Rain and sunshine made it sprout.

Monte Vista, CO(Zone 4a)

I have Blue Jade corn that I haven't planted yet. What I'll do is scarify them on the edge of a file, the side of each seed, and then soak overnight. It worked great with my okra, I just soaked those after roughing them up a little on the side of the seed, and they came up in three days. Wish I'd done that on the Bantam corn and the pole beans.

Bumping for Valentines Day!

Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

Well, are you ready to plant Keith?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.