DJ9"S JULY IRIS SWAP SIGN UP

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

Many Of Dave's Memebers Have ask me to Host a Iris swap For July so will give it a shot you will Have a WHOLE Month to Think About This Anyone can Join as LONG As You CAN Share AT LEASE 6 RHIZOMES .

as many of you know I try very hard to put together fun & RELIABLE TRADES FOR ALL & And ANYONE Not Holding Up Their part Of the TRADE Will GET A NEGATIVE FEED BACK .

Let me say this if you Only Have Like three type of IRISES You can share 2 RHIZOMES of each Or how ever many you want as Long as there is 6 But Please let your Partners Know what you Have.

If you want to share a bunch more :) That is up to you also .

If you have 10+ to share & would Like 10+ back Just say so I will Hook you up.

PLEASE STATE If You WANT NAMED IRISES Or If You do Not Care If they are Named or Not .

I Will assign Partner ON JULY 1st

I Would like to Keep this THREAD as JUST A SIGN UP PAGE If You would like me to Open a Page where you can show off a few of your irises & CHAT ABOUT THE SWAP I can & Will do that FOR YOU . Just say so when you sign up.

OK HERE IS THE CHAT & PICTURE THREAD THANK YOU ALL

DJ"S JULY IRIS PICTURES & CHAT

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1317746/

THANK YOU ALL
susie

This message was edited Jun 12, 2013 11:11 AM

Thumbnail by deejay9

HERE ARE YOUR PARTNERS """please """" IF I HAVE ANYONE LISTED WRONG PLEASE LMK. .

!!!!!!!!!!!! PARTNERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DORIDUNN----NAMED DWARFS--DEEJAY9 ___SENT
MAXINE -----NAMED DWARF---DEEJAY____SENT
REDROCK-----NAMED DWARF --DEEJAY9
JLKAPPS-----NAMED--SENDS TO -NF2932
POISONDARTFROG------NAMED SENDS TO-------- BUSYGARDENER
BUSY_GARDENER ------NAMED--SENDS TO ----BITTERSWEETFARM
NF2932--------------NAMED---SENDS TO -- AHOOGSTRA
HONEYBUNCH----------NAMED--SENDS TO ---WWKATHY
AHOOGSTRA ----------NAMED--SENDS TO --HONEYBUNCH
BITTERSWEETFRM------NAMED--SENDS TO ---JLKAPPS
MITTSY--------------NAMED---SENDS TO---POISONDARTFROG
WWKATHY-------------NAMED--SENDS TO MITTSY

LOST TAG & NAMED
DORIDUNN---SENDS TO KATHY
XENSPIRIT--SENDS TO--ELSIEME
ELSIEME---SENDS TO XENSPIRIT
WWKATHY--SENDS TO DORIDUNN
MITTSY---ALIKAT---MIXED

This message was edited Jun 30, 2013 11:49 AM

This message was edited Jul 6, 2013 5:55 AM

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

Susie -- count me in....I only have no id's to share with my partner....I don't care if I get id's or no id's back..... and can we share siberian, bearded, and japanese iris or just a certain type? or is that up to our partners...thanks!

Newfield, NY

would like to swap.names id.

welcome ,& Yes Ali we can share all TYPE Of IRISES
I will be away much of the day so if you have other Questions will get back with you as soon as i get home .

ALIKAT32---No-Id
DORIDUNN---NAMED

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Hi Susie, yes I would like to trade ID named iris's. Really would like the dwarf iris if at all possible?

Maxine

Whitesboro, TX

I'd love to join the fun. Have both named and NOIDs to swap but would like named only, please.

Holly Ridge, NC(Zone 8a)

Sign me up Susie! I will update in a few days when I return home from the funeral. I have two named for sure but not sure how many divisions I will have. I would like named in return.

Thanks!
Mike

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

I would like to join susie, thanks for setting this up... Not sure yet, but need to checked all my named iris clumps to see how many trades I can do. I'm thinking I'd like to do atleast 3, definately 1 named but need to check plant tags to see if I can do more..or can ID more of my Iris. Would love named if possible and or pinks,oranges,bicolors,plicatas, some of the newer yellows.

I only have 1 variety of dwarf yellow (unnamed), a 2 purples in the intermediate (unnamed), and many of the TBIs (will look for name tags this month and see how many are legible on the TBIs). Still waiting for many to bloom yet.

Pix:
1 noid, this is my only yellow, have plenty so don't want this one..lol
2 noid have several to share, another don't want
3-5 a pix of blooms from last season

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy
Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

I'd like to join, named only please. Jungle Song just bloomed it is awesome. I'd like to host a Siberian and Japanese iris swap if there is enough interest.

Thumbnail by mittsy
Barbourville, KY(Zone 7a)

Sign me up for named Iris Susie, one box for now. I may do two after I check to see what is divisible.
Alana

Madison, WI(Zone 5a)

Sign me up. I have all named, except one NOID, and they are dwarf, intermediate, and tall. I am interested in named only. Do you want to know how many rhizomes we want to share, and receive now? Or do we let you know when we send our rhizomes to you.

Busy_G : You will not be sending your Rhizomes to me I will assign partners IN JULY & You can share as many as you want to with your Partner I Put 6 RH To a Box But if you have more I"M Sure your Partner would not mind More :)

Now i Have to say there will be some with named Irises but won't trade for Lost tag one But will do my best assigning you all suited partners I'm sure there will be more to Join .

Mittsy : I don't have but just TB & Dwarfs Here Oh & Yellow Flag or I would Join ya The ones you send last fall DID not come back & I Had Good soil for them & Mulched like you said but Nothing came back I'm affraid they don't like our winters here .

well you all have a great eve.

I'm sorry to hear that as we are in the same zone and I thought they'd do fine. But I have gotten quite a few from Ensata that did not make it through my first winter, so I understand.

Dewey, AZ(Zone 7a)

I won't get to join this year, but I will love watching the developments and keeping up with photos posted.
Kathy (Warriorswisdom) has a box of seeds and rhisomes headed my way later, and I'm so stoked about the iris she's selecting to send me!

The reason I can't join this year's swap is that all my iris are recently now moved into their new beds--we moved this spring--and getting re-established. I have over 100 iris plants...of which maybe 30% are Dauntless, and all the rest are NOID because of (insert long story riddled with excuses). Goal: this coming spring, I'll study, study, study and label, label, label, so that the following year I can play with you guys and have named iris to trade!

Thumbnail by TexasDollie
Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

LOL, ya tags, one of these days I'll fix that dilema here too..

TexasDollie, take note and send me a D-mail of any that you like.....will begin marking them with your name so I can find them later!!!

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Hey everyone. Have fun with the Iris swap. I'm sitting out July, just don't have enough named or unnamed Iris to swap, but will be watching for the goodies you all receive.

We'll miss you fruity.

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

Fruity.....I can sent you lots of unnammed so you can play next year! :) Since everyone seems to want named ones it looks like I won't play either because I don't have any named ones....and unlike TexasDollie I am not going to study that much! :)

ALI Don't Drop yet there will be other who will also Join for Lost tag They are just as pretty I Have a few also that are very pretty That I Don't Have tags for & I Will be happy to share some also for other .
so just hold in there ok .

Winnetka, CA

Hello all...

I'd love to join this swap.... named irises for me please...thanks!

Nancy

welcome Nancy got ya on the list ya all have a great day will check back Later today

Cutlerville, MI

I'm in! I think I will check out Horrocks Market and find some really cool re-bloomers:)

Gottcha alicia witch do you want named or both ?

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

ok -- I'm staying in if there are people who want NOID's..... :) I've got plenty!
Here are two I found blooming today....I've only got one or two of those....
The third picture is a red tailed hawk that was hanging out on the BB court at school today....we think he was either trying to get to a nest inside the pole to eat the babies or there was something in the pole that he dropped in there and he couldn't get it out. The students were fascinated that he was so close!

anyone know how to rotate the pics....they all look good until I upload them there!

Thumbnail by AliKat32 Thumbnail by AliKat32 Thumbnail by AliKat32

Here they are rotated.

Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy

GM ALi Glad you will still stay with us & Those are very Pretty I'm sure there are others who also will be happy to share lost tag & sure some might have a few named ones to share .
I Also have some very Pretty ones that had no tags when i got them & I like them even better then the named ones .
Here are a few I got .
# 3 actually looks BLACK but looks purple in the picture # 4 I Think is Ceasars Brother I Have 4-5 nice big clumps of them so pretty.

will I Need to get my day started soon so have a great weekend .

Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9
Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

I would like to join also for named irises and possibly for lost tags will have to check on those...Patricia

gottcha on the list pat :)

Woburn, MA(Zone 6b)

Hi, Sign me up please. Could you sign me up later in the list because I just moved and am trying to get organized before I get involved in the swap.

xenspirit

Woburn, MA(Zone 6b)

BTW I do not know the names of the irises I have and at present I have only one type that I am aware of in my new yard. I will post a photo when I get the opportunity.

SPirit Do you have a First name for us to get to know you . this swap is not till JULY & You will have till last week of July to mail your irises to your partner.

Woburn, MA(Zone 6b)

My name is Konnor. My Irises are Yellow and rather non spectacular. I love purple and deep indigo ones though, so I would love to trade. They don't have to be fancy.

well we will see what we can do for you come JULY DID you say you was moving? You will have to send me your Mailing address as to where you will be in JULY . & You Know you have to share at lease 6 RHIZOME but not of all the same type unless your Partner is ok with that .

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

HI Konnor -- hope the move went well! Woburn isn't far from me in NH! And I have plenty of No ID purple ones that I'm more than happy to share with you! And I won't mind getting less in return or something other than iris if that works for you! It's going to be fun to get the new gardens going at your new place! This is a great group of trading partners! Your avatar pup is a cutie!

Woburn, MA(Zone 6b)

Thanks AliKat32. I was so happy that today was sunny after two days of rain. I fed the garden, cleared another patch of weeds, and I put my rose campion, black eyed susans and hollyhocks in their new home. Tomorrow I hope to do more and I'm hoping for a nice sunny day again so I can plant some more. The place I moved into came complete with a garden patch with turnips, garlic and two volunteer tomatoes. I added everything else. LOL. There are lots of pretty flowers here. We have tons of spiderwort which I guess many people consider a weed, but I think it is pretty. There are Lillies of the valley and the yellow Irises. There are some beautiful climbing roses and peonies. There are also many many hostas and three different varieties that I notice. I haven't tried to ID them yet.

Cutlerville, MI

Hi Susie! I would like to do named iris's:) I can do 10. 2 of 5 different named iris's:)
Thanks Susie Q!

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

My new patch, first year really of great bloom...look at all those flowers!!! Yum!!! LOL, patch is 3-4ft wide by 120ft long....smells sooooo good too. Sorry to say, most are noids.....

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy

very pretty Kathy Gottcha alicia .

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

LOL...last year it looked like this, wow what a suprise this year!!!!

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.