A/C Returns, More.....

Conroe, TX(Zone 8b)

We have a brick home, well insulated, of about 2,000 sq/ft. Our cooling unit is a 4 ton Carrier Infinity unit.
I only have one return, 20"x25". I've been told that I should install (or have installed) a second return on the other side of the house.
Also, what's the max vacuum, or whatever the A/C tech term is, for the inside of the return of an operating unit ? (I'm sure it varies with units, but surely there's a "ball park figure").
Lastly, we have a "computer room"/study that's almost right under the A/C unit in the attic; dimensions 12'x15'; it stays about 8 degrees warmer in that room than the rest of the house. There's a large UPS unit, and three PC's that run continuously , and one of them is an older dual Xenon using the older (and much less efficient) dual core processors. Should I install another vent in this room ?
Any further info gladly provided. Thank you very much.

This thread has 5 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!