Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Hope this isnt a duplicate thread
http://smilebox.com/playBlog/4d7a59334f5445344e7a453d0d0a&blogview=true

Saugerties, NY(Zone 5a)

Very nice, you've given me some ideas, Thank you
Christine

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Thanks
I work on the combos all winter.It keeps me from going nuts.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Its been a few weeks since I last posted the Deck Garden
Lets see how things look now

Thumbnail by ge1836 Thumbnail by ge1836 Thumbnail by ge1836 Thumbnail by ge1836 Thumbnail by ge1836
St. Louis, MO(Zone 6a)

Very pretty!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Yes, coming along nicely.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

thanks

Stamford, CT(Zone 6b)

Ge, you always do a nice job with plant combos, but I am also impressed by your containers. I feel like the container queen, but I cannot afford to purchase pricey containers so I make the rounds early in the season, picking and choosing what I know will work.
Marcia

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

My container overload is from 15 years of planting in a narrow driveway at the old house.
DDand I combined our collections when we moved into the new house.
They aren't all mine.
The latest pix ,I see I havnt posted in a month.

Thumbnail by ge1836 Thumbnail by ge1836 Thumbnail by ge1836 Thumbnail by ge1836 Thumbnail by ge1836
Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

You have a nice variety. Looking good.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

The Latest

Saugerties, NY(Zone 5a)

Lovely, you do such great work..
Christine

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Thanks Christine

St. Louis, MO(Zone 6a)

What is the name of the green/pink/orange succulent in the 3rd picture of the last batch? It is so pretty!!!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

I don't know if ge is here but that's Kalanchoe luciae (Flapjacks, Paddle Plant). Beautiful, isn't it?

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Thanks Cvill.It was x4 smaller last year.I hated to leave it to the snow and freezees.DD will carry it in for me this fall.
We have had 10 straight days of humidity and rain,the poor desert plant doesnt know what to do.
Over on AllThings Plants there is a place to post pictures and tag the plants.Its really neat.

Stamford, CT(Zone 6b)

ge, do you fill your containers with soil or do you have some false bottoms? I have to use spacers of different sorts or else the pots are too heavy to move. I love that you have clay spacers below the pots.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Some of mine,in fact most of mine are filled. I learned the false bottom trick too late on DG.
The containers stay outside all winter and I top off in spring with compost and more potting soil,mix in as far down as I can reach.
This one of a pair of containers have a 16 inch planter that drops into the tops.Just dumb luck that worked out the way it did.
Its not so much the weight but the expense of filling every year.
If there is a container with a whole lot of root growth that takes out a lot of soil when I take annuals out at end of season,that container gets a false bottom and new soil mix.

Thumbnail by ge1836
Saugerties, NY(Zone 5a)

I love the purples, the container is fantastic it looks just like wicker, is it ceramic?
Christine

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Its a woven pattern in a inexpensive fiberglass planter.Christmas Tree Shope around $20.00 each.

Stamford, CT(Zone 6b)

Those little red sentries complete the job.

Is your deck in the front of the house where everyone gets to see the fruits of your labor? I like to put my best foot forward as I live on a street with sidewalks and passersby. Due to a long, cold spring, I got a late start, did not overwinter too many too well, and take very little credit for container composites. Ge, I KNOW you have been working year round on these.

Saugerties, NY(Zone 5a)

Thanks ge, guess I need to take a trip up to Albany
Christine

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Goodmorning:
Deck is on the back but as we are set at an angle our back yard and most large gardens are visible to 3 neighbors back decks.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.