Flower Towers

NE, SD(Zone 4b)

Has anyone tried the flower towers and if so, what type of flower did you select? Thanks.

Clinton, IN

Got one built but thats as far as it has went .

NE, SD(Zone 4b)

A picture of the flower tower.

Thumbnail by rockette
NE, SD(Zone 4b)

this is a picture of petunia flower towers.

Thumbnail by rockette
Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

Rockette, I am curious now that it is august how your towers are doing?

NE, SD(Zone 4b)

Happgarden, they are doing better than expected. I added a few more petunias but they all filled nicely. I will do this again next year. I like the tower better than container because folks can see everything from a distance. The marigold flower tower back is towards the house so I didn't fill the backside with flowers and no one knew.

Edited to say I added moss roses to the marigold tower and the reds really added color.

This message was edited Aug 2, 2013 4:57 PM

NE, SD(Zone 4b)

Happgarden, the picture is one of two petunia flower towers. The other has more purple and red.

I will do these again next year. Easy maintenance.

Thumbnail by rockette

omg those are amazing! Stunning. Smart woman not to fill in the back side no one would be seeing...rofl.

I will have to try those next year.

I have a three tier pot full of caladiums that I use every year that I really enjoy. They are in a shady area and I always use the white caladiums because they bring light to a very dark area.

But those towers are amazing. Thank you for posting another picture of them matured.

Thumbnail by happgarden
NE, SD(Zone 4b)

Happgarden, those look like white Christmas caladiums. Beautiful. Thanks for the picture. I have three-tier planters not used for a few years because they dried out quickly. This is my first year for caladiums and love the colors.....after seeing your pic i am thinking next year I will use the three tier for caladiums.

Staten Island, NY(Zone 6a)

I have tried this one using terracotta pots and the rebar

Thumbnail by cytf
Stamford, CT(Zone 6b)

Interesting, cytf, and I expect it will become amazing.

thank you Cathy166, every year I try to add different flowers.I am thinking about putting another one in partial shade next year.

Very pretty cytf.

thank you happgarden

Every year our mg group plants the plantings around our small city. After seeing yours I may do that next year. We call them barrels but they are rod iron but about the size of a trash barrel, so short plantings can sometimes look a little odd, but a tower would really look good (if I could get them to look 1/2 as good as yours).

Hi happgarden , when you are ready to build yours just D mail me and I will mail you the article from the magazine that I got the idea from.I do not mind sharing with my garden buddies

Well it won't be until spring of next year...rofl. They are so hard to plant and make look like anything that I probably won't forget.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.