Quick question about my new wheeled nippers-my 1st time usin

Barnhill, OH

You mosaic artists create such beautiful work. I've been lurking here and have started my first project. I ordered my wheeled nippers and used them today for the first time. I really like what they do! It's amazing how easy it is to nip away. But I noticed something right away that I thought might not be right about them.

When I put the glass between the wheels and squeeze enough to hold it but not break it, the glass goes a little sideways, not straight in 90 degrees. I looked to see what is causing this, and I discovered one wheel is slightly sticking out further than the other. The blades aren't meeting exactly together. I don't know if it can be adjusted with an allen wrench or not? I cut quite a few pieces and the cuts, for the most part are not straight. They kind of have a wobble edge (I'm cutting about 3/4" squares for the most part. I really want them to have a straight edge. Is it the nippers and do you know if I can adjust them or not?

This thread has 7 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!