Sharing our pets from our little Scottish Island here on DG

Scotland, United Kingdom

Hi all, we have some unusual pets and thought that you might like to see them.
we have 2 border collie dogs brother and sister and a Scottish Terrier. 19 peacocks, of which we have Indian blue, black shoulder, pure white and Jarva which are a beautiful green colour, we hatched them all ourselves in an incubator, over the past couple of years, they are excellent pets.
We also have Golden pheasants, Melanistic pheasants, and we have at the moment Silver pheasants in our incubator, and a few others we have not mentioned so far. We have many breeds of chickens, which we have also hatched ourselves. From the largest chicken breeds in the world to the smallest breeds in the world, which are Malaysian Serama, we also have silkies , frizzles, bluebell, Polish Chamois, Oh just to many to mention all at once. They are all our pets too. We also have red canaries, Yellow canaries, zebra finches and diamond doves, and also an 8ft fish tank full of beautiful tropical fish.
My daughter said she would like a chimp, but then said cheekily, Oh I do not need one as I have you dad.
All the spare eggs that we get, we donate to the Salvation army. We also open our acre garden in the summer months to raise money for charities, as you can imagine, everybody loves the birds, specially as they can walk amongst the peacocks. The peacocks love to be fed, grapes and Peanuts and Meal worms. mixed corn and High protein feed of Turkey crumbs.
We are very excited as some our peahens have just started to lay eggs of there own. Thought I would pop a few pics of them here. I will show more as the thread continues.
Here is a video also of some of the Blue shoulder peacocks taken last year. I also sing on this video.
http://youtu.be/iztx3-AUSXg
Here are some pictures too of them too.
Nice to meet you all here, been 5 years since we were last here on DG. Wish you all great week ahead.

Thumbnail by PaladonPerry Thumbnail by PaladonPerry Thumbnail by PaladonPerry Thumbnail by PaladonPerry Thumbnail by PaladonPerry
This thread has 12 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!