9th Annual ORVG Spring Roundup Photos and Discussion

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Well the 9th Annual ORVG Spring Roundup went off w/o a hitch!
No one got lost!!!! LOL!

Big Welcome to the Newbies!
Hope to see you around for a long while!

I'll add some shots here tonight w/ many more to come tomorrow.
You know me and names so feel free to correct me.... ;-)

Thumbnail by henryr10
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Taynors, Robyn and Defoecat being roped in by Dru.

This message was edited May 25, 2013 9:58 PM

Thumbnail by henryr10
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Joycet and 'RU Newbie' taylordaylily enjoying the Day as the Swapping begins in the Lot.

Thumbnail by henryr10 Thumbnail by henryr10
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Plants are what brought us together.
But now it's the whole experience that makes the day.

Thumbnail by henryr10 Thumbnail by henryr10
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

More tomorrow.......

Feel free to add comments and other pictures!!

Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

Ric, remember you were going to give me the entire information about your camera. Good pics, and I love the ability of it to zoom so far.

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Thanks Ric, Had a great time. It was nice to meet everybody. Can't wait till the fall Ru!

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

The reason NO ONE got lost, Ric, was because I didnt come....LOL...a lil humor there!
Glad you all had a good time!

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

LOL!
You two were sorely missed Marcy!

Columbus, OH

We sure missed you, Marcy! Next time for sure :)

My humblest thanks to everyone for sharing, I am so grateful for the generosity of the gardeners at the RU. Most of my plants are in the ground today.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

shadowgarden, Esther_z6 and Defoecat discussing plant trades.

Thumbnail by henryr10
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

joycet and her Garden Club Buds.
Newbies but I feel they will soon be showing up here.......

Thumbnail by henryr10
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

taylordaylily and her DH, Robyn and Tabasco admiring shadowgarden's Glasswork....

Thumbnail by henryr10
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Dru, taylordaylily's DH, taylordaylily and Robyn.
For the Newbie's I rarely use real names unless I have permission.....

Thumbnail by henryr10
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Celene and Defoecat doing a Swap

Thumbnail by henryr10
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Celene's DH, taylordaylily's DH .... Dru looking for snacks.

This message was edited May 27, 2013 9:27 AM

This message was edited May 27, 2013 10:13 AM

Thumbnail by henryr10
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

RU Protection shots.....

Thumbnail by henryr10
Columbus, OH

OMG, the look on Marshall's face! hahahaha

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Fellowship is the main point of the RU's...
After a Blessing by Defoecat we tucked into lunch.

Thumbnail by henryr10 Thumbnail by henryr10 Thumbnail by henryr10 Thumbnail by henryr10 Thumbnail by henryr10
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Looks like you had 50 pounds of stuff in that cooler!!

Lots of Lunch...LOL!

Thumbnail by henryr10 Thumbnail by henryr10 Thumbnail by henryr10 Thumbnail by henryr10
So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Sure wish I could have been there. :(

Columbus, OH

Me too, Darius. Want me to mail you some walking onions?

These photos are the first time that I can tell the difference in how my face looks after braces. You guys who see me once a year wouldn't notice, but it's noticeable to me. lol

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Rebecca, actually I'd like some walking onions but I won't have postage $ until June 3rd. I'd also like to order 2-3 bars of gardener's soap, if you've made any.

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

Looks like a good time was had by all. Sorry, I missed you all this year. Hopefully in the fall, I'll get to see you all. Thanks for the great pictures , Ric.

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

I sure missed being there too...and meeting all the new people, and seeing the old ones...not that you all are old..but you know what i mean...lol!
I have to say Dave WAS nice to me...and took me to Meadowview, when I complained that all we do on holidays is work!
I needed some more blood grass, and you just cant find that at a lot of places.
I am making something I saw in a magazine. You all can copy if you want ...lol..I dont mind!
Take an old register grate....elevate it on bricks at the corners...mine are 3 high. Plant the blood grass under it...and let it grow thru. It will look like flames of fire growing out of the grate. I also saw one using annual red salvia...that didnt look too bad. But the blood grass waves in the breeze...looking more like flames!
Ok...sorry ..guess i kinda hijacked this thread...grrrrrr.

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

Sounds like a great project! We need a picture of it , when you can.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

The after lunch Plant gatherings.......

Thumbnail by henryr10 Thumbnail by henryr10 Thumbnail by henryr10 Thumbnail by henryr10 Thumbnail by henryr10
Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

Ric, there was more people there than me, I am in three out of the five! Did you take them as examples of how not to let your body go?

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

LOL!
There are more shots to come Bonnie.

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Thanks for the great pictures Ric! What a good time it was.

Thank You to everybody for your generosity and kindness!

Hope the people that had to miss the RU can make it to the fall RU. It was so nice to meet everybody.

It's so nice out today! Going to head out and work in the yard. Hope everybody has a Blessed Day!

This message was edited May 28, 2013 8:17 AM

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Bonnie, thought you knew by now that Ric is a real hazard with that camera. You can look like a model 99% of the time and he will for sure only get photos the 1% that's left!!!!

Marcy did you find your bloodgrass? I'm going to be thinning some of mine and I'd be glad to put it aside for you if you want it.

Lou, we missed you and Marcy. Daves, too! Wish Jules could have come. Well and all the ones that have been in the past that didn't make it this year!!!

Celene...Marshall is such a nice guy. I really enjoyed our conversation during lunch.

I was happy to meet K and B. Hopefully they'll be around for the fall RU. They won't have far to go!

The girls really enjoyed themselves. I'll be working on them to become permanent fixtures here, soon!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Dropping by to look at photo's Henry, hope that's ok..
you are all having so much fun!

keeping an eye on Joyce/Cathy and Sheri lol thought I had worn them down last week but lo and behold here they are on the road again..

What a time you all are having, miss not having enough DG members in my region to have a gathering..guess that is why I lurk at other round-ups

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

You know you are always more than Welcome!

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Joyce...I DID find the bloodgrass. Thanks for the offer, but think i have enough for now.
Love all the pics Ric!!

Bonnie i m so sorry. i forgot your peony ! so so so so so sorry.
great shots Ric.
i forgot my plants at cookies :(

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Just more reason to get another girls day, Sue!

Hey Betty.....as you can see....another fun time had by all.

Victoria Harbour, ON

So I see Joyce..you will have such a let down when you are home with nothing to do lol

Lexington, KY(Zone 6b)

Sure looks like fun! So sorry I missed it. I will definitely try to make it next year. Glad you all had good weather, though cold, it appears.
Bonnie, you look a lot like one of my sisters-in-law. Karen, you're so young!
So nice to see what all you all look like ;) Kind of nice when you're chatting back & forth.

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Joyce, We hope to come to the fall Ru. It was a lot of fun Saturday meeting everybody.

Betty, Sorry you don' have a Ru in your area. Would be nice to have you at the RU in the fall.

Sue, That is a real bummer you forgot your plants.
Thank You! You sure made my son's day with the Rocket City Daylily. He picks flowers for his garden by their names and he's into space and rocket ship's. It is now known in his garden as "The Rocket Plant". My son thinks you are Great. Wanted me to call you to come see it after it was planted, I had to explain that you do not live close to our house. I'll have to get a picture so he can show you his garden.

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

You never know......Sue and I might just drop in one day!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.