crimson tide

Mulberry, FL

I really like this one wanted it for a long time first flower yeah!!

Thumbnail by Danasplants Thumbnail by Danasplants
(Nadine) Devers, TX(Zone 9b)

OOhh that is a pop of color!! love it!!

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

Passiflora 'crimson tide?

I have never heard of this name, nor could I find anything about it in a Google.com search. It looks like my 'lady margaret'.

Mulberry, FL

Thats its name no not Lady Margaret I have it too theres a Sherry also that looks alot like it

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

Can you post a web site that tells about it, please? I have grown P. 'crimson tears', but never heard of this one.

Mulberry, FL

ok maybe crimson tears I have way to many names to keep up with its here in thse forums is where I first saw it

San Diego, CA

I actually have 'Crimson Tears', that flower is 'Lady Margaret'
Mark

Mulberry, FL

yeah your right I have lady Margaret on the same trellis what I notice is the stalk of crimson tears has a red tint to it. Same kind of leaf let me take a look and see if I can find it today

Thumbnail by Danasplants Thumbnail by Danasplants Thumbnail by Danasplants
Mulberry, FL

well come to find out seller sent me the wrong plant

Tarpon Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

There are many people out there, business that describe one plant and show a picture for another. You really need to know who you are buying from and do your research. Lady Margaret is a vigorous plant, I personally love it. I had Gulf Fritillary devouring my plant and it would sprout new leaves just as fast as they could eat em! Gorgeous burgundy color too.

Navarre, FL(Zone 8b)

Well, it sure is a pretty passiflora anyway!!!

Mulberry, FL

Thanks I contacted the seller flea bay you can't send pic's nor email

Mulberry, FL

Yes seller wants to ignore the fact. shame gives ebay bad name

San Diego, CA

I have to bring this thread back to life. I have been selling on ebay for years, in fact, I consider myself one of the original sellers of Passiflora on Ebay. I always did my homework to make sure of what I had or what I was selling and always made sure I was selling a true product. I see people today, they show pics of hybrids and then sell seeds and I think all they do is find a Passiflora pic and just use it as if they think there is only one Passiflora. First of all, if you do get a hybrid to fruit, it's not going to be true to it's parent. All hybrid seed will have some variation to it and chances are, it is probably cross pollenated with something else, but my first statement is what I believe, that they basically just take the first pic they find or they think in kinda looks the same but to someone more experienced, it is way different. Don't be afraid to ask questions of your seller. I always ask if it's something they are growing them selves or if the pic of the flower is of the actual plant the seed came from. At least it gives you a little more recourse is they sell you a bogus product.
Mark

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.