Semi-Hydroponics plants

Sun Lakes, AZ(Zone 9b)

Besides the Uncarina and the Adeniums I have several other plants doing very well in S-H. Among them are: Pachypodium saundersii, Euphorbia bupleurifolia, Tephrocactus geometricus 'inermis', Pachypodium lamerei, Euphorbia viguieri.

Thumbnail by NancySLAZ Thumbnail by NancySLAZ Thumbnail by NancySLAZ Thumbnail by NancySLAZ Thumbnail by NancySLAZ
Baja California, Mexico(Zone 11)

Looking good! Especially the last two. They look like they're thriving. I have terminated the semi-hydro experiment here. Regular soil seems to work fine for the plants I'm growing.

Here's a family portrait of year-old bupleurifolia seedlings just now leafing out for the third time. The biggest one measures about an inch.

Thumbnail by Baja_Costero
Sun Lakes, AZ(Zone 9b)

I love the E. bupleurifolias! Did you buy the little plants or seeds? I could not get that plant to survive in regular soil. Maybe I watered too much. But with S-H I have kept it going 2 full years!

Baja California, Mexico(Zone 11)

I pollinated the plant myself. Actually the male in that other thread is the father.

Glad you found a way around the problems using s/h. I give those plants lots of light and regular water and they haven't complained. I think strong light is key and it's important to be careful with watering around repotting time.

Sun Lakes, AZ(Zone 9b)

Thanks for the tips. I'm going to move mine into a little more light. It is not in sun at all now.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.