Edith wolford or Thrillseeker?

springfield area, MO(Zone 5b)

I used to have both of these, and I know I have Thrillseeker because I ordered it a couple years ago. Moved some things around and now this bloomed, but I don't know which it is? Or possibly it isn't neither and could be something else on my list :)
Does it look like either?

Thumbnail by FrillyLily
Merino, Australia

FrillyLilly. this pic is Edith Walford.
You can see it has the purple going into the midribs and veins of the standards.
I see on pics of Thrillseeker that its standards dont have that.
It looks like yours is Edith Walford, a very beautiful iris
Jean.

Thumbnail by 77sunset
Montgomery, AL(Zone 8b)

I love Edith Wolford and used to have it but gave it away accidentally..
I thought I had it this year but it turned out I bought Stairway to heaven
which is beautiful too..

one of those packages that turned out to be something else..
and what a nice surprise to get a healthy fabulous plant
like Stairway to Heaven!!!!!!!!!

Any ideas on staking my iris because it will not stand up in bloom
even with no rain and no wind..in a protected area of my yard...
surrounded by woods and tall trees on all sides...of the
Sheris healing flower bed..

I bought some green thick wire stakes at walmart a few years back, I think they still have them, at least here. They were like 75 cents for the tall ones and 50cents for the shorter ones. I got the taller ones. I stake them and then sometimes I still tie them onto the stake with some yarn.

I think the top of mine is more of a mustard color than yours, but that could be the soil or whatever. It has been unusually cool here and cloudy, so I am sure they are not performing how they should anyway. Mine have not gotten nearly the height to them this year they should have. I guess the cold nights kept them from wanting to grow.

Hanceville, AL(Zone 7a)

Stakes is a good idea. And if you use the same color acrilic yarn, you know what color is planted there. I used to have Edith but she did not bloom this year. This sure looks like Edith to me. Luciee {;^)

Ok thanks guys!

Below is my Edith Wolford

Thumbnail by
Melbourne, Australia

Edith Wolford is a beauty, I'll have to see if it is available in Australia. It's on my wishlist now!

Merino, Australia

Orchid40,
you will find Edith Walford is readily available here in Aust. I have it myself as pic above showed.

Jean.

Melbourne, Australia

Thankyou Jean.
0/10 for observation! I should concentrate more. I still remember my teachers at school saying that about me. Lol

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.